New member saying hello.

Eh?Too!

Hello everyone,

Just picked up my 2003 '03 1.6 fsi sport from a chap in Cambridge. I live in Fife so it was a fair old trip by train. First came to the forum as I thought I had inadvertantly fried my cars electrics after cleaning the interior using a wet vac upholstery cleaning system (rug doctor). It looked like new after and was really rewarding seeing the 9 years of filth go down the sink when I emptied the machines tank. However on starting the car the following day I had:

1. airbag light staying on
2. passenger side window notching down itself after closing (closing on second attempt)
3. hazard lights coming on themselves whilst driving
4. interior lights staying on when set for courtesy function (all doors closed)
5. door lock button not working (unlock functioning normally)
6. rear interior light not functioning at all
7. a strange chirrup noise (happened only once or twice)

Have spent the last 48hrs intensively drying car (Put it in the garage running a fan heater in cabin with the ccu area exposed) So far all of the above faults appear to have been rectified during drying out except the rear courtesy light problem. Even with the problems still glad I done the interior, it looks like new. Lets hope the electrics forgive me and behave themselves!

Sounds like you got the comfort control module wet (it is in the front/left footwell).

Hopefully you will enjoy many happy years of A2 motoring :) Welcome.

Thats what I thought. At least I have learned a little more about the car during this escapade. Just out of interest Does anyone think I paid over the odds for my car, hard to tell given the rarity of a2's and unrealistic parkers/what car price guides etc.

03' plate 1.6 fsi sport
72k fsh
4 owners
ebony black
long tax/mot
timing belt done recently
immaculate in/out
I paid £3300 private

I know it only matters that I am happy with the deal just want to know if others would have been willing to pay this!

2. passenger side window notching down itself after closing (closing on second attempt)

I think this is a safety feature on VAG cars incase theres something trapped, i've seen it on a Golf as well. Mine does it from time to time as i have wind deflectors fitted and they take up a bit of space in the window channel I think

Enjoy your car

Edit: Sounds like a fair price to me, although Im sure we'd all be interested to see what options your car has, to see just how good a deal it was. Options pretty much define the pricing on A2s

Last edited:
I believe the only option the car has is Climate control. No opensky, cd, leather etc. We sold a mk3 mx-5 2.0 sport with a detachable hardtop as it had started to show lots of surface rust at just six years old (rear arches, side repeaters, a-pillar). So we have went from one extreme to the other with the a2. It is the perfect second car for us as we also have an '08 525i msport manual, which is a little thirsty for my slowish 20 mile commute every day.

Back