New member with questions!

Hi all,

I've been looking at the forum for a couple of weeks now, as we're considering buying an A2.

I had initially been looking for a 1.4tdi, but noticing that they are quite rare, i'm now also considering a petrol version. I've seen the"official" mpg figures but am wondering if we'd notice a huge difference day to day as my wife will mainly be using the car for short trips around town, with a couple of 30 mile trips to week per work.

Also, we have 2 children, a 2 year old and a 1 year old. Is anyone on here in a similar position and if so, do you find the A2 big enough?

Thanks

My wife has a 1.6fsi, so i can't answer you on the mpg bit, but we got our first a2 when daughter no'1 was born 7 years ago, another daughter appeared 4 years ago, so at some point we were in the same boat as you i suppose.

when we bought a pram we had to make sure it fitted properly in the boot and tried loads before we found the right one. our a2 has the false floor in the boot so that was removed to create more space (and only finally put back a couple of months ago). all in all it was totally adequate for our needs. we also pretty quickly put seat back tidy's on the 2 front seats to protect them from being battered by repeated kickings from the children (but thats not just an a2 thing).

we went from a 1.4 petrol to the 1.6 and the mpg did suffer, around town on short journeys we only get 30mpg going upto mid 40's at 70 on the motorway.

good luck in your search for a new car

Alan

Hi all,

I've been looking at the forum for a couple of weeks now, as we're considering buying an A2.

I had initially been looking for a 1.4tdi, but noticing that they are quite rare, i'm now also considering a petrol version. I've seen the"official" mpg figures but am wondering if we'd notice a huge difference day to day as my wife will mainly be using the car for short trips around town, with a couple of 30 mile trips to week per work.

Also, we have 2 children, a 2 year old and a 1 year old. Is anyone on here in a similar position and if so, do you find the A2 big enough?

Thanks

All new modern cars are not very efficient on extrem short distance around town. 1.4tdi mpg in such case is quite comparable with 1.9tdi. If you will find 1.6fsi I think it is worth considering but forget about 1.4 petrol when talking about efficiency.

TDI's are not rare at all. You get to choose from a very rich market from what i cam see you have over the channel. One big advantage you get with diesel is that you get rid of all the problems related to sensors, probes, coil packs, egr valves, etc that plague de petrol engines.
In my opinion, the extra price premium you pay is worth it even if you don't travel many miles in order to recoup that cash in fuel savings. And besides, i use my TDI mainly in city driving, and let me tell you that in worst case scenario, you get the mpg that you normally get in the petrol version if you were driving extraurban.

Plus the diesel is only £35 a year road tax... There are plenty of diesels out there. We have two kids of 3 and 8 months and there is enough space for them both in car seats on the back and room in the boot for pushchair and luggage. Just take yours with you to check. You could always buy roof bars for occasional extra carrying capacity. As to economy i drive mostly in town and am seeing approx 45mpg. This rises quickly if I manage motorway journies. Hope you find what youre looking for!

I just got a multibox and my seven-year-old really likes it. Makes it a lot more comfortable, too, as her legs were dangling awkwardly and now they have somewhere to be.

Bret

big

hi,our a2 is big enough,we have a 2year old grandaughter,and sometimes take mother in law shopping with wheelchair in boot and pram for little one,i found my a2 on autotrader web site there is plenty ,i payed £4000 1.4tdi 53 reg:)
so go for it buy one!!!!

Hi all,

I, or should I say my wife, is now the proud owner of an A2.

1.6 fsi colour storm se, with open sky. '04 plate with 39k on the clock with full audi history.

Managed to get it for £5500, Should be picking it up in the next few days and will doubtless be posting again in the near future, for further advice.

Thanks for all of your comments/replies!

Back