New Mod on the Way - Think "I Robot"

Skipton01

Admin Team
Rather than get bored, I've been thinking up a new project.

I've got 100 blue LEDs on the way and a couple of other bits and bobs.

Let you know more in a while.

WAS : A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)
NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), K&N air filter, all round tinting, all-black headlining and retro-fitted cruise control and GALA.(The NEW Tank). Retro-fit Bose coming soon!!! Now if only I could find a TT 3.2litre engine.........
A215.jpg

Ok, JimBob knows the secret, here's a few photos of the prototype:
A216.jpg

A217.jpg

A218.jpg

I may take orders for these, but they are very labour intensive and will cost upwards of £65 each. If anyone wants the prototypes, I'll be selling them when I've got a finished version on the New Tank

NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), K&N air filter, all round tinting, all-black headlining and retro-fitted cruise control and GALA.(The NEW Tank). Retro-fit Bose coming soon!!! Now if only I could find a TT 3.2litre engine.........
A215.jpg

Nice idea - presume it would go on the Grille. Would even be legal if they were white LEDs!

Mind - around here they ignore red-light runners to why should they care about non-emergency vehicle displaying blue lights!

1.4 Petrol Special Edition, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys for SWMBO (Replaced a 2002 1.4 Petrol SE) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

WOW Well i gotta say i was not expecting that will you be going for the undercar lighting as well NiceMod !!!!

A2avatar.jpg

hmm, Blue LEDs have a certain.. um... 'cliche' about them - good for novelty factor, but I can't shake the association with washer jets and the like.

an Electroluminescent 4 ring badge would be great - you can buy sheets of it and cut it to fit virtually any shape :)

I saw i-Robot recently for the first time and the thing that stuck in my mind was the audi badge centre brake light of the RSQ. I presumed someone would have already made something like this but couldn't find anything like it - until now! I like this Skipton, but reckon it would be better in red as the centre brake light like the RSQ. I reckon these could catch on.

Trouble with doing a rear brake light version is that the rear badge is stick on only - no holes to the inside, unless you want to drill your bodywork!
These are genuine Audi grille badges, and there ARE holes through to the engine bay, from which to power these new badges. I agree that the blue is a bit cliche, and am working on a white version as well as a white and blue (alternating) version.
I won't be going for the undercar lights - now that is cliched!

A215.jpg

How's about, remove audi logo tail badge and mount audi logo brake light inside at base of the screen?

That last suggestion makes a lot of practical sense - you could tap power off the existing wires to the 'hi-level' brake light already there.

NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), K&N air filter, all round tinting, all-black headlining and retro-fitted cruise control and GALA.(The NEW Tank).
A215.jpg

Hey presto. Done well, I reckon this could sell. If it's possible to do it with the electroluminescent sheet that gjp33 mentioned, this would be even better. That's a project for the weekend then.

Hopefully - I'm waiting on 200 white LEDs, with which to make another prototype.

BTW, I've expanded my cruise retro-fitting operation to include A4s and A3s as well as TTs, so if anyone out there has one or knows of someone who'd like cruise fitting, let 'em know of me!

NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), K&N air filter, all round tinting, all-black headlining and retro-fitted cruise control and GALA.(The NEW Tank).
A215.jpg

Well, the white LEDs have come and I've done another version of the grille badge and ............IT'S ON THE TANK!!!!!!

Here are a few photos, daylight with xenons on, night with sidelights on and night with xenons on.

I've done 1 journey on the public roads with it on - the look on peoples faces is great, they certainly know it's an Audi coming towards them!

BTW, none of the photos have been re-touched - they're all as it appears, but to be honest, they don't do it justice.

must admit that's pretty cool.

I bet there are a lot of TT/S/RS etc. owners who'd buy that for a dollar :)

Cool. Have you linked it in to the headlights or is it separately switched? Still reckon you should have a go at the high level brake light one - and let me know how you've done it when you do..!!

a2 1.4 sport . dolphin grey . audi body kit . debadged tail . rear bench seat

For the moment, it's wired into the sidelights, but I've got the ECO switch (the one that goes near the gearstick) on order to link it into that. Then, I'll be able to control it independently.

I'm seriously tempted to have a go at the rear, but want a bit of a break from drilling holes at the mo!

A215.jpg

I have met with Skipton on Saturday grille lights looked very impressive, some oiks in a battered A3 asked him where he bought them from.

A2 TDI Sport Leather, climate control, Bose cruise control

I just wet myself in amazement. Now this is ultimate bling!!! The idea about the rear is better though, I think I've seen this on the A1 proto... Audi must have frequented this forum.

Last edited:
Back