New owner of A2, Left Hand,1.4 TDI, ATL with multiple failures.

Eliasmanu

Hello guys, I'm the new owner of the A2 from title. Unfortunately the car has some problems but we start to fix what we can. I have few tools ( I hope I have the necessary tools for start, and I plane to buy some of the tools are missing me. I also make a post yesterday on the presentation but I think its not the proper section for what I need ... so I decide to move here the thread. and deleted from there.

"I would like to enumerate the symptoms that the car has at the moment

1- At the idle, is starting to go in a vibration, all the car (like a resonance frequency), all that happens during the first 10 seconds on idle and after achieve the maximum (which is very uncomfortable especially on the lights stops or other situations when we have to let the car on idle). this vibration stops if I press the clutch. Initially I refuse to think is the Flywheel :D, I says is just an engine mount (I think I do that in just to buy it :D ), but now (after I buy it I have to understand that is the Flywheel. The question is why that Flywheel are failure ? Is there a normal wear down ? or is something that could be easily improved in order to not have again problems on the next future? Are there special tools and special care at montage ?

2- Turbocharger, is "whistling" no too bad but if you want to heard that... you can hear. also the turbocharger is full of oil or / diesel on outside. Is there a normal wear down ? or is something that could be easily improved in order to not have again problems on the next future? Are there special tools and special care at dismount or montage ?

3 - Thandem pump is full of diesel with dust on exterior...Is there a normal wear down ? or is something that could be easily improved in order to not have again problems on the next future? Are there special tools and special care at dismount or montage ?

4 - In VCDS the injector on third cylinder it has a correction of 2.6-2.9 (has a lot of variation, even down of this values)

5- Throttle actuator is gives me a foult code P2108, almost all the time or sun after I clean the errors.

6 - Servomotor from of AC clima is gives me a P3103 ( after I clean this fault code ) the AC remains on Hot, I reconnect the vcds I read again, i try to put in "low" the AC, and now is working...

7 -Torsion value (on group 04) was on -7.7 ( I fix that on the same day I bought the VCDS, now is 0.6,

8 - Coolant in not stay at 90 C deg.

Also I wold like to enumerate the parts that already buy it to fix it.

I would like to enumerate some parts that I bought for replace

0 - I bought all the suspension parts that is possible to change. there I think is not any problems on how to change them. The only things I need are the torque value for each screw.

1 - timing belt kit including water pump ( Made by INA )

2 - Clutch repair kit from LUK including flywheel ( 417004710)

3 - Injectors repair kit

4 - Accessory belt with tension-er (Contitec Ruville)

5 - Thermostat (Mahle tx1587d)

6 - Coolant temperature sensor (felbi bilstein)

8- All filters and all fluids

9 - Tandem pump kit repair

10 - All gaskets from turbocharger

11 - Gasket for cylinder head cover

12 - Central anti-balance engine mount (Lanforder)

13 - Oil sump pan Mastic / Silicone for sealing

I think this is all the parts I buy... till now :D

Also I have to dismount:

1 -the turbocharger and see what is his condition and from where is so many oil there (on exterior of turbocharge).

2 - the oil sump pan and check the condition of chain, tensioner, gear and oil pump ( I understand from a friend which is fan Audi that at this type of engine ATL, is often a problem with a mounting screw bolt of the oil pump, or the pump itself ). please especially help here what I have to be carefully and how can verify the condition of all this parts. ( I really don't want to invest so much in that car and in next future to have surprises like the engine has no oil pressure or worst )
"

At this moment I dismount half of the timing belt, and when I saw the turbocharger condition I realize that is more easy to pull out all the engine for doing the whole job. I also prepare the necessary tools (something like a crane)from hoist the engine and gear box.

So the most important things now is the Service Manual, and also the hoist point on the left hand at the gearbox.

Thank you and best regards !

Hi and welcome to the Forum
Can I suggest there is too much information for our members to comprehend in one post. You may get more response if you split up your questions into single topics, prioritise them and re-post just your top 2 or 3 initially. Once they have received a response, post a couple more and gradually work through the list

Cheers Spike

Good morning,

Thank you guys!

Spike, you have rights, i will split my post. But I will keep this just for the engine hoist guiding and service manual.

Andrew, thank you, is ther any other way to acces informations regarding that service manual ? Is quite difficult for me to print this (is not printing the entire page ) , and online is also difficult because I have limited acces and very slow speed at internet in the location of the car.

Regarding on my problems, I reed on the manual that the procedure of puting the engine and gearbox aout is with the car lifted and the engine go out in down direction with the help of a lifter. My intention is to dismount the front an pull the engine out with the help of a crane.I hope to have no big issues. Now I'm looking for possible strong point to hoist the engine or gearbox in the left side....

If any body's has experience doing that, please share that infornation and advice.

P.S. Hope you understand me, English is not my native language.

For the service manuals, try erwin.audi.de - log in, save the PDF files and then print.

- Bret
Best to find a place with good download speed to do this. Once you have downloaded and saved them, you can view or print them as and when you need to. I think you pay for access by the day, so good download speed is essential to get all you need in one day session. Mac.

Well ... right....if I pay for 1 day...I have to take as much is possible :D , have you any ideea how much is ? And the most important the Audi org id ?

you can download a manual here for £14.99

Hi, you must first register an erwin account, here:

You then get login details by email.

One session costs 30 euros. You can download as much as you want. I think you must download everything you need in one session, the session ends when you logoff or disconnect, so you need a reliable Internet connection. You need your car's VIN Number, to find the matching files.
Hope this helps, good luck. Mac.

Hello guys!
today (now) I have to change the chain and sprockets of the oil pump on my ATL...now the engine is pulled out from car and I have to dismount the sproket of the crankshaft of the timing belt, and unfortunately I have no the repairing manual so I Googleit for the torque specifications of the 19 mm bihexagonal screw...but nothing relevant. Can someone please help me with the torque specifications? unfortunately I have to repair my car in 2 days...:(, so I need a quick answer...,

I found the required torque 120 Nm +90° (1/4 turn further)

Last edited:
Hello guys! View attachment 55144today (now) I have to change the chain and sprockets of the oil pump on my ATL...now the engine is pulled out from car and I have to dismount the sproket of the crankshaft of the timing belt, and unfortunately I have no the repairing manual so I Googleit for the torque specifications of the 19 mm bihexagonal screw...but nothing relevant. Can someone please help me with the torque specifications? unfortunately I have to repair my car in 2 days...:(, so I need a quick answer...,

I found the required torque 120 Nm +90° (1/4 turn further)
I have no idea about Diesel engines so check this out carefully. As you sound desperate this MAY be appropriate...
https://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a...tion_system/removing_and_installing_oil_pump/

Andy

Back