New owner of not just another small city car.

daniel_se

Hi,

I have recently bought a mint 2002 Audi A2 1.4, which has done just over 80,000 miles. It is black with the twist/beige interior, other than that it is standard equipped. It has recently gone through longlife service and a cam change, and runs perfect.

I did some reading here before finding my car, very helpful. There are a couple of things that I want to do in the future, including changing the stereo and possibly front speakers, and installing an armrest for the driver seat.

Daniel

4723300195.jpg

I'll be the first to welcome you, you will find members both knowledgeable and forthcoming especially spike and birchall, they really do know their stuff

I can start with a question straight away.

I have the below mount for my windshield wiper, the one that is on there now is some standard budget wiper and I don't think it does the job very well. What wiper and what make is the best?

2015-01-30 11-36-00.jpg

I also want the smoked wind deflectors, but the only ones that look good I can find on eBay don't ship to sweden. See below link. Are there any other place I can purchase them, do you know?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191223716081?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Thanks again
Daniel

Armrest is one thing I have installed on my A2 Tdi and I now I could not live without....After some extensive research I settled for a Kamei, bought on eBay Germany. Easy fitting and works great!

Thanks for the response.

However, after some reading I think I have decided for the Sydmeko armrest that attaches directly to the chair. I have the twist/beige color, I wonder if the below would look good with that?

MLC319-75U-S30T30.jpg

Daniel

Last edited:
Thanks for the response.

However, after some reading I think I have decided for the Sydmeko armrest that attaches directly to the chair. I have the twist/beige color, I wonder if the below would look good with that?

View attachment 17651

Daniel

I have a platinum leather interior. I have that exact armrest fitted. It is a perfect colour match and really looks the business! It is very high quality, too. I have shown photos of it on the Forum. Search under "armrest", "sydmeko" and "at last! some photos" and you should find the thread.

David

Last edited:
I tend to use Bosch wipers. They just seem quieter and wipe well.

Welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to more questions from you and perhaps some pictures of your A2?

Cheers
Steve Birchall

Last edited:
Daniel, I suspect Steve meant "PERHAPS some pictures of your A2".

He will be on here later blaming his iPhone :eek:

Andrew

Here I am and yes I am !!!

LOL ;)

Now corrected (I don't know why it was in CAPS too!!!)

I was delivering a training course and so had to use my iPhone during breaks and my eyesight is not what it used to be.

I am constantly moaning about my iPhone changing words, but this time it was just my fat fingers that caused the problem!!!

I shouldn't moan about the iPhone so much because I would be completely lost without it and its features!!!

Steve B

Last edited:
There will be both pictures and more questions, do not worry.

I will try to find a Bosch wiper, the one on at the moment is rubbish, I almost had to stick my head out the window. The climate in the nordics can be quite harsch on wipers to be fair.

Daniel

Hi Daniel you may want to look at upgrading your wiper arm to the new flexi blade type---the pre 2003 cars had the old type blade that is known for its poor performance. Its not cheep but oh so worth it (£80 or close to that ) cheers mike

Hi Daniel you may want to look at upgrading your wiper arm to the new flexi blade type---the pre 2003 cars had the old type blade that is known for its poor performance. Its not cheep but oh so worth it (£80 or close to that ) cheers mike

Hi Mike, would you mind sharing a link please?

We have these Bosch flat blades at my local auto store, not sure if they could do the trick? http://www.mekonomen.se/bil/reservd...lad/torkarblad-flatblade-va-ps1361a25-A960Ssv

Daniel

I can start with a question straight away.

I have the below mount for my windshield wiper, the one that is on there now is some standard budget wiper and I don't think it does the job very well. What wiper and what make is the best?

View attachment 17650
Thanks again
Daniel

Hi,

When I expand the picture it does look like you already have the "floppy" windscreen wiper blade fitted? Is that correct
i.e. when you lift the wiper arm off the screen is the wiper blade able to bend and twist? If so you already have the floppy blade arm and you would then only need the replacement floppy wiper blade.

Steve B

Hi,

When I expand the picture it does look like you already have the "floppy" windscreen wiper blade fitted? Is that correct
i.e. when you lift the wiper arm off the screen is the wiper blade able to bend and twist? If so you already have the floppy blade arm and you would then only need the replacement floppy wiper blade.

Steve B

You are right. Makes it easier, I am getting these hope that will help: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSCH-AER...lat_Gen:8Z0|Cars+Type:1.4&hash=item43d595dd46

Daniel

Oh!
Another Swede here! Welcome!
There aren't many of us around here. It's me and Maso in Göteborg. Then we have bm_sthlm who seems to stay mostly in Hungary, but has Stockholm listed as location aswell as Hungary. Feel free to ask questions. I think you have an AUA engine. I have the same in my car. A 2001 Petrol.

Oh!
Another Swede here! Welcome!
There aren't many of us around here. It's me and Maso in Göteborg. Then we have bm_sthlm who seems to stay mostly in Hungary, but has Stockholm listed as location aswell as Hungary. Feel free to ask questions. I think you have an AUA engine. I have the same in my car. A 2001 Petrol.

I have an AUA, is that a bad thing? Looks like 16 valves, and looks (and sounds) in very good shape to be 12 yrs of age.

Daniel

Well, I am here to. Bought my A2 one month ago. I have a number of upgrade, modifications on my wish list. I have already replaced the fog lights with:

• Osram combined LED Fog and LED DRL.
  • Modified the function to also turn om the rear lights in combination with the DRL
  • Replaced a Blaupunkt Navigator with the Standard Concert II head unit.
  • Installed heated seats.
  • Bought new 17" wheels Audi Bolero.

Next to come:
  • Headlights with HID Projector Low beam and HID or LED high beam
  • New shocks and springs to improve comfort
  • Tinted rear windows
  • Removable Hitch
  • Rain Sensor
  • and if possible a Heated MFSW

But first I need to replace the front Pads and Discs on the mini before I let it go. :eek:

Back