New owner

freakyeke

A2OC Donor
Hi all,

I have been a member on here for 6 months now. I joined to look for an A2 to buy. A car I have always liked the look of. Well, I have finally bought one.

My brief was to find a 5 seater with OSS and a diesel engine.

So, I bought a black 2003 1.4 Sport with 4 seats, tin top and petrol engine!

I wanted something cheap, just to see if I liked the A2 and was reluctant to spend over £2000, just in case I didn't like it.

Well, even for a 1.4 with 75bhp, I love it. Although, I do get the feeling that I maybe should have bought a 1.6 FSi with it's extra power (maybe an engine conversion is on the cards?) or I may sell this and buy an FSi in the future.

My new car has 136,000 miles on it's BBY engine and runs extremely well. I will fit a timing belt kit in the near future. The car looks to have been looked after by it's previous owners. The bodywork is lovely. The interior is unmarked, bar the climate buttons, window switch and headlight switch. Everything works as it should. The alloys are a little kerbed but that is easily sorted.

It was a local car and I paid £1250 for it. I think I did OK. What do you guys think?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Looks like a cracking little motor!
The TDI's are very good on fuel as you will find out, £1250 I would say you got a bit of a bargain there..

Back