New Style Key

the grim reeper

A2OC Donor
I've just got back from Skipton Auto's where the A2 guru has worked his magic on recoding the New Style Key, must say though he did earn his money today as wouldn't do all the keys, kept leaving 1 off or just doing 1 :(, but we got there in the end.

Cheers Mike another Job well done.

Cheers Phil

PS i have got 3 of these style keys if anybody wants 1 they just need a blanc blade fitting/cutting then Mike to work his magic

key cutting

Hey Phil (mr grim reeper),

Been doing some asking around at key cutting places and been told no one in my area would chance cutting one of the key blades for me?

..do you think I could ask audi or would this just be silly money?

..or do you know anywhere near Mike (skipton) that could do it?

are you anywhere near Mike? if so, could you recommend where you got your blades cut?

Cheers :eek:

Now i did say some may not be able to cut this type of key, Audi not sure if they would be able to help but worth a shot, and for someone close to Mike to get it cut i would say you are better off asking him as i live 2hrs away. but i would have thought someone in london would be able to do that, i mean i live in a 1 horse town compared to london and i got it done

Cheers Phil

There will be places near you Mik - take your existing key and new blank out in the shop and ask them if they can cut it - a lot of places automatically say no as they don't have blanks, but you have one so that problem is solved.

The other reason they sometimes refuse is that they know that just cutting the blade won't start the engine - explain that you know this and you just want to be able to use it to open the door in an emergency.

Cheers,

Mike

cheers Mike, my list just keeps getting longer. Re-coding new key is now on my list for you to do :rolleyes: :p

running out of spaces on my pm's, so will prob email you v.soon instead..

No worries - if you've not already got the transponder changed in the fob, you'll need a new one of those too - which I have in stock.

CHeers,

Mike

No worries - if you've not already got the transponder changed in the fob, you'll need a new one of those too - which I have in stock.

CHeers,

Mike
Hi Mike, he's getting a key off me so he will need you to do everyting the same as for mine, so when he's ready i'll send him the key then he can forward it on to you with the new cut blade in it, just thought i would answer for you deseli;)

Cheers Phil

Back