Chat New to the A2 scene and I'm loving it

Gavotoole

Hi all just wanted to drop by and say hello I'm New to this forum. I came home from work on Monday and drove up my street and my wonderful wife just bought me a 2002 Audi a2. A small garage down the road must of taken this in as a trade in about a month ago and it was sitting outside for ages. I mentioned it to my wife about how qurkey thay are and it's probably going to become a future classic. (To be fair I think I drove her mad talking about it) I'm a Big Audi fan I'm currently driving a 2009 A6 which I'm changing in the new year for an A7.. anyway I'm moving away from the point what I'm talking about... came home and my jaw dropped my wife bought me this amazing little gem... It's a bit rough around the edges and needs a good clean... But noticed the sunroof doesn't open. Glovebox handle is missing but I can still open it with my finger, driver's door check strap is broken, wing mirror switch is snapped off and worn buttons around the car. That's what iv found so far.. it's a project car so it's not going to be a rush job to get it back on the road asap. I'm handy with a few spanners in my hand so looking forward to getting stuck in. FYI I'm from Ireland and these cars are like hen's teeth here which makes it more exclusive to own. Hopefully I'll be getting to know more people in the a2 community and being in this exclusive club?

Welcome to the forum and to A2 ownership. What a gift. Careful, they're addictive. ?
Welcome to the club. Post some photos up when you can. There’s also a projects section of the forum where many owners journal their repairs and upgrades ?
Will do, I'll post a few photos of my journey of the car repair. Iv a few things to do on my own car (A6) first then I definitely get stuck in, cheers everybody

Back