New to the A2

J3FVW

I've been lurking around the forum for a while before I recently bought my 2002 1.4 FSI SE in Silver. I thought it was about time to introduce myself and my car.

I'm Jeff and have had various VW's over the years but this is my first Audi. It came up a few miles down the road from me and has only had two owners from new (Audi and then shortly after the same owner for nearly 14 years). The car has only done 55k and came with good service history, both keys, full document pack, and loads of bills. It seems to be a really well looked after genuine example. The downside was that it had no documented history of a cambelt change so I had that done last week to be safe.

It's in really good condition but obviously due to it's age there a few little bits and bobs that I will be sorting as and when the parts become available. The alloys have recently been powdercoated so that's one less thing to do but the jobs I'll be tackling shortly are changing the soft touch switches for standard black items, giving it a good valet (inside and out), change the wiper arm to an aero version as it's a bit tatty, new mats, and transferring my plate onto it.

So far I'm really happy with it and can't wait to get cracking to bring it up to scratch. It will be the daily driver as our family has a '15 Transporter Kombi that we pamper and only use in good weather but I like my cars to be clean so the A2 will be getting some love.

Here it is the day we collected it (apologies for the dark Winter photos):

And here is the other love of our lives:

I'll post pictures as I gradually sort the A2 out!

Thanks for looking

Fantastic.

It sounds like you will fit in nicely here, you appreciate your cars and look after them, we like that!

Thanks for the pictures, they are always appreciated and it looks great!!!

We hope you will make full use of the club and attend a social event or two (or all of them?)

Welcome

Steve B

Fantastic.

It sounds like you will fit in nicely here, you appreciate your cars and look after them, we like that!

Thanks for the pictures, they are always appreciated and it looks great!!!

We hope you will make full use of the club and attend a social event or two (or all of them?)

Welcome

Steve B

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I'll try to get to the Saltaire meet family commitments allowing.

The site has been a massive source of information to me already - I'm glad that I joined!!

Jeff

Liquorice and cakes - spent many a happy time in good old Ponty - welcome to a great friendly club !

Ta
Dave
:)

Hi and welcome to ownership of the little car that becomes a big part of your life. As others have said - come and join the fun at a social as we love to see more and more of the owners at the events.
As a side note your car is not known as an FSI just the 1.6 has that tittle. Cheers Mike

Welcome, Jeff!

I know this is a forum about A2s, but I'm loving your T5! :D

Cheers,

Tom

Thank you. I don't know if the rules allow me to post any more pics of the T5 but she's a beaut. We got her new in April '15 and the day after collection she went to New Wave Custom Conversions for the interior stuff sorting out for 10 days. It's a true dry day clean machine hence why we have another car for daily duties.

Daily drivers have gone from a Fiesta to the A2 via a Lupo over the last few years. The A2 is such a special little car though that it's going to receive the same levels of TLC that the T5 does....and that's a lot!

I don't know if the rules allow me to post any more pics of the T5 but she's a beaut.

The forum has an area known as the car park. See here: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?23-Carpark
That's where you can discuss and post photos of any other vehicles you may own. Please feel free to post as many photos of the T5 as you like. A majority of us here are general VAG enthusiasts, and I know there's a sizeable group of us who'd love a Transporter!

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Jeff
Welcome along to a great club full of info, banter and our great A2's
Looks like you have a great little car and love the T5 too, as the others have said it'd be good to see you and you're car at a social!
Cheers From one Jeff to another!

Hi there.
I spent a happy year working at the old Ben Shaws Pop plant at bond gate
Your not too far from the holy land (south Yorks)!!!
Oh and much Love for the T5. Funds permitting the "little and Large" A2 / T5 combo would be on my drive.

Regards Lee.

Hi there.
I spent a happy year working at the old Ben Shaws Pop plant at bond gate
Your not too far from the holy land (south Yorks)!!!
Oh and much Love for the T5. Funds permitting the "little and Large" A2 / T5 combo would be on my drive.

Regards Lee.

I pass where you used to wok everyday on my commute. You can't beat good old Ponte Carlo! :)

Wanna be careful he might have a machete as well as a wok

That wouldn't scare me.

When I was a kid I used to make loads of things out of Paper machete (At least I think that is what it was called) couldn't make anything that could scare anyone!

Steve B

Back