Newb looking for A2 Tdi

A2ale

Hello there, been lurking for a while just to get the feel for things and i must say as with other Audi forum's this seems to be a very friendly place to be.:D
Thought i had better intorduce me before posting elswhere (forum etiquette an all that).
I have owned lots of Audi & VW's over the years but never looked at A2 for some reason, always thought they were (wait for it )....... too small.

After looking close at the A2 i have kind of been drawn into its appeal and charm :cool:, i do like something that is a bit different or quite rare.:cool:

So we are currently looking to change my wifes car which is a 2001 1.4 16v polo estate (very rare and up for sale soon) for an A2 Tdi, i know what you are thinking so are many other people, all the right A2's seem to get snapped up very quick which makes finding the right car quite difficult (or is it me being fussy).
Any way thats me, i'm over to the wanted section..........wish me luck.

Dale.

Oh dear, am i reading this right.... its gonna cost me a tenner to place a wanted add? :( i can understand if your selling but buying! :confused:

Rules is rules i suppose.

I'll wait for someone to shoot me down.

But i'm loking for a loaded as possible Tdi with pan roof, s/history and as many toys as possible if you have or know of anything please let me know.

Thanks Dale.

shhhh, wuu wuu wuu wuu..... i can hear forum police coming.:D

shhhh, wuu wuu wuu wuu..... i can hear forum police coming.:D

And by request here arrives one such beastie :p

Welcome to A2OC, and you are wished well in your quest for an A2. There is no issues with you putting out the feelers for and A2 on the introductions forum ( so no spurs or 6 shooters required) - however access to the marketplace was restricted to members who supply Paypal information by way of an annual donation for access following much discussion amongst the admin team.

This gives the club and its members some protection from any potential fraud by assuring we have access to personal data of anyone trading through the club. It's rare, but does happen.

Regarding your quest, I am not sure how much research you have done before joining up, however a 'fully loaded' diesel A2 with as much kit as possible is much coveted and very rare. They come up occasionally but you may have a fair wait.

Welcome once again, and your feedback regarding our forum rules is most gratefully received. :D

Last edited:
If you've got 2 and a bit then you can have my TDi which has a stealth remap and Koni FSD suspension

PM me if interested and I'll tell you more
J

Thanks for the welcome's so far, yes to be fair i was a bit sarky but i was just in and not had any pudding by then so was a bit miffed, now you've explained makes sense really.

My buget would be all dependent on the A2 in question but a good base car is the best route.
been looking for some time now and realise that what i'm after is probably going to have to be modded in some way, so the "quest" continues.:D

I'm not endorsing a sale here, but seldom does a new seeker post their desire for a high spec TDI and such a car appears on the selling forum the same day!

Any 4 leaf clovers in your garden?

Depends on your purse of course. This one's at the higher end of the price range but with opensky, leather and double din dash it's an ideal base for any configuration you desired really depending on how much you wish to invest in the car.

If it's not for you, I hope your timing continues to be so fortunate.

welcome its worth checking the TDI WANTED thread as most nice A2,s are spotted in there. i did see a very nice spec'ed storm blue TDI with low mileage on ebay last night might be worth checking out.

I'm not endorsing a sale here, but seldom does a new seeker post their desire for a high spec TDI and such a car appears on the selling forum the same day!

Any 4 leaf clovers in your garden?

Depends on your purse of course. This one's at the higher end of the price range but with opensky, leather and double din dash it's an ideal base for any configuration you desired really depending on how much you wish to invest in the car.

If it's not for you, I hope your timing continues to be so fortunate.

No Murdo no clovers but i do have pOtatOS for the wee peeple, normally i would say that if i fell into a barrel of t@t's i would come out sucking my thumb! you say this ones at the higher price range are you refering to Hooley's car or is there a link missing.?
I do check just about all sites for sale most days, i must say that i'm not so keen on the Storm model as the spec never seems to do it for me.

Hooley you have PM.:D

you say this ones at the higher price range are you refering to Hooley's car or is there a link missing.?

No I didn't add a link as I wasn't wishing to overtly plug anyone's sale, but I was referring to Steve's car that's on the selling forum.

If Jason ( Hooley's) car is closer to your budget then it'll not be any interest.

welcome its worth checking the TDI WANTED thread as most nice A2,s are spotted in there. i did see a very nice spec'ed storm blue TDI with low mileage on ebay last night might be worth checking out.

Hi Urban, i did have alook at this one but the roof doesent work (this seems to be a big problem on these cars) and for a low miler switch gear is quite worn! well specced for a storm though although i think over priced.
Unfortunatley people who love their cars for some reason think that they are worth more than they are, mine is a prime example 94 Audi S2 avant all the toys
book price is about £3500 - £4000 but to me its worth alot lot more because i love it, but if i did come to sell it people will always quote book price and you have to be realistic about the price of cars.
We all know the quality of older Audi's are superb but for some reason the average person does not appriciate this and the price reflects that.
I dont want to run on but Audi dont seem to care about the heritage of their cars, again the s2 is a classic example when trying to sorce new parts most are NLA, the amount of times iv'e been asked is that some sort of sport A2 i then promptly put the phone down because they just don't have a clue.

Thats odd i did post a reply to murdo yesterday but it dont seem to have made the grade for some reason.

Back