Chat Newbie in the Scottish Central Belt

GordyC

About time I popped a note to introduce myself. I joined a couple of months back but only very recently upgraded to ownership of one of these cars. I'm situated in the central belt of Scotland, in Cumbernauld, which for those of a more southern persuasion, is pretty well right at the top of the main north south motorway, network in the southern half of Scotland, M74/M73, which some of you will know if you have had reason to make the trip up this far!
My car is a 1.4 SE, 2002, in Dolphin Grey (I have been told) and is currently suffering from engine malaise which I'm convinced, this far anyway, is the result of 1 or more hydraulic lifters failing or at least gummed up. The investigation is about to get serious and hopefully will result in a return to rude health. It's reasonably low miles at just under 100K and MOT'd until next year. My Son in Law has shared the expense in return for a share of the experience and I hope to educate myself and teach him a few things along the way. This web site is invaluable to anyone who has an interest in or owns one of these cars and I hope that continues to be the case.

Welcome!

You are very much in the same neck of the woods as @PaulQV who has become a bit of a social convenor at local level (Motherwell / EK area).

Back