Newcomer from Barcelona

Hi everyone, hope you have had a nice christmas time, or you are enjoying it.

I'm Daniel, 33y.o, from Barcelona, and the proud owner of a 15 y.o Opel/Vawxhall Corsa 1.0 54cv with 153.000kms in it's clock; but our time together has come to an end as I would like to improve and a family's friend has an A2 1.4i 75hp to sell.

This is the reason why I'm becoming a member and saying hi xD because in our mind is to buy that A2 1.4i with no more than 55.000 kms in it's clock, 25hp extra than my actual car, and lots more of comfort and safety elements. *

* I have to add that some years ago my dad have had an Audi A4 Tdi 110hp from 2002 if I'm not wrong at home, so it won't be the first Audi that I drive.

Once I'll get it will tell you more about it.

Cheers amigos!

Hola Daniel and welcome to the A2OC. I'm sure you will love the car when you get it.

A beautiful city you live in too - we rented an apartment in the Raval district 7 years ago, just round the corner from Las Ramblas - it was a perfect week.

Hola Daniel and welcome to the A2OC. I'm sure you will love the car when you get it.

A beautiful city you live in too - we rented an apartment in the Raval district 7 years ago, just round the corner from Las Ramblas - it was a perfect week.

Hi Murdo,

Thank you very much for both compliments :)
Will keep you updated with that buying movement.

Nice to hear you have had fun in town :D I don't live so in the main center, but I tell you, I don't regret myself about that as you know it gets wild in there :)

I don't live so in the main center, but I tell you, I don't regret myself about that as you know it gets wild in there :)

Yes, now you mention it - like any big city there were some crazy examples of parking and driving, the narrow streets make it pretty difficult. Good your A2 will be spared this! I witnessed some construction workers using a parked car to steady a heavy metal beam by propping it on the bonnet.:confused:

I couldnt believe it, but it didnt seem unusual behaviour to anyone else passing by. Maybe it was the workers own car :)

Yes, now you mention it - like any big city there were some crazy examples of parking and driving, the narrow streets make it pretty difficult. Good your A2 will be spared this! I witnessed some construction workers using a parked car to steady a heavy metal beam by propping it on the bonnet.:confused:

I couldnt believe it, but it didnt seem unusual behaviour to anyone else passing by. Maybe it was the workers own car :)

That's quite rare, and interesting at the same time. I believe I've never seen that, but yes those narrow streets are only good for having a walk by.

My area is more close to the Park Güell, so we have at least more space, as it's not as old as the main center; even tho there are days in wich you can spend 1 or 2 hours to find a parking spot, fortunatelly it does not happends often.

Hi again,

Here I come with updates.
As you can remember I was wondering about buying this car, and thinking I'd probably do it.
After chatting with the owner (a friend of us) last week, I don't have it so clear.

I knew the car could have had very few use those past years, and I've been told the tyres where new, so I thought the car would be moved from time to time.

Well, it's not. The car has been stopped and parked in a proper parking for the last 4 years, and the tyres where new.... 4 years ago. Yes, the have only 5.000kms done, but they have spent the last 4 years stopped.

As if, I'm very worried now about wich problems could the car has, if the sensors would get crazy, and thinking about wich things would need to be replaced a part of the oil and filter and full the tyres with air wich is what the owner says (I'm thinking about tyres, suspension maybe, all filters, all liquids, etc.....)

If anybody has passed over some similar situation I'd be more than pleased to read your opinions.
Thank you very much!

P.S.
They are asking me about 2.700 euros for this car.

If the car actually hasn't moved at all in the last 4 years, the tyres will probably be 'flat spotted' + hence ruined. However if they move it back & forth a little, even if only once in a while, then that wouldn't be a problem and the tyres would be OK. The car will probably need a major service to replace fluids (since the oil will have degraded), probably also the cam belt (the cam belt is supposed to be changed every 5 years).

That's cheap for a low mileage TDI, personally I think it's a good deal even after the cost of replacing the tyres & doing a service.

Last edited:
Thanks MikeMarsUK for your opinion.

The car has not been used at all those pasts years, by what the guy said. He said they used it a little bit at the beggining of owing it, but not afterwords. This is why my doubts came from.

Hi again,

Today we went to see the car, it is a nice grey A2, it does not have anti - fogg lights, but... it has Open Sky System plus some few scratches in some corners on the car, but mainly looking good.

It just did not started up even helping the battery connecting it to our car's and looks like the petrol bomb does not recieve enough pressure, so they will move the car to the mechanic and replace it, plus will check what else the car does need to be done to work.

Will keep you updated

** Here I post some photos taken with my phone, so they're not really good quality

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Some of the scratches
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent! There are a few bits and piece that need some love, but it looks like a lovely car. Congratulations!
Your wheels are very rare in the UK!

Tom

Excellent! There are a few bits and piece that need some love, but it looks like a lovely car. Congratulations!
Your wheels are very rare in the UK!

Tom

Thanks Tom,

Yes it does look good, my main worries are about the car being stopped for 4 years, but a part from that I'd be happy to drive it :)

Really? No I didn't knew that, thanks for saying. They have some scratches tho. I have to say the ones I see in your car they look better to me, will try to check if you have any post as your car I'm liking it by your profile picture.

Thanks for your reply,
Daniel

I have to say the ones I see in your car they look better to me, will try to check if you have any post as your car I'm liking it by your profile picture.

Thanks Daniel! I see you found the thread "The Adventures of My A2", so you'll have found some photos of my car. It is a thing of beauty. :)

Thank you! I do enjoy taking photos and making nice images.

Yes, when I was looking for my A2, it had to be in Ebony Black. :)

Cool, it's such a nice colour.

I hope I'd be able to take some pictures as well very soon (well, I have to sell my actual car before :p )

Hi again guys,

Do you have idea if (I believe so but I haven't been able to see them) if the A2 has the possibility to attach a roof bag? I have a bag but not the bars and I haven't seen where can you attach them in the roof.

I don't believe I would need to use it often, but if it's not possible to use it in the car, maybe I should sell it as it's unused.

Hello folks,

Breaking news, the A2 is repaired and working. It needed to have it's fuel pump replaced, wich is already done.
Now I just need to sell my actual car (you might know it as Vauxhall Corsa (I thought it was Nova, but google has told me that the name just changed after some year)) wich is an Opel Corsa from '97.

Last edited:
Back