Newly joined ...

nin

A2OC Donor
Hi all

Just a quick note to say hello and seek some views from you. I had my first A2 in 2003 - a metallic black 1.6 Sport FSI, it stayed with me for four years

I'm in the market again for an A2, and I see that the 1.4TDI, with a remap looks like it would give similar performance to the 1.6.

If any of you out there have driven both I'd really like to hear your thoughts on their comparison

Many Thanks

Nin

Hi nin,
I have owned and driven both.

The FSI is of course quieter and has a very slick gear change, where as the tdi feels a little notchy when changing gear.

Depending on how you will be driving and how many miles per year will also be a factor.

The tdi90 is my fav! Low down torque, very nippy and has a growling engine! It is of course quite a bit more desirable and dearer than the equivalent FSI.

I had a tdi90 that was remapped and had a ss exhaust. Even the Audi technician who drove it round to the front of the dealer was very surprised of how quick it felt...

Hi all

Just a quick note to say hello and seek some views from you. I had my first A2 in 2003 - a metallic black 1.6 Sport FSI, it stayed with me for four years

I'm in the market again for an A2, and I see that the 1.4TDI, with a remap looks like it would give similar performance to the 1.6.

If any of you out there have driven both I'd really like to hear your thoughts on their comparison

Many Thanks

Nin

Hi and WELCOME !!!!!!!

I have driven both, I owned a FSI Storm for a while and I have always owned a tdi, the current one mapped by Stealth.

They drive VERY differently, the free revving FSI loves the higher rev band and is quite quick for a 1.6.

The remapped 75 tdi delivers its power in a very different way, BAGS of torque and low revs.

I couldn't tell you which is best because they are almost like different cars, but the tdi just seems to go at all speeds rather than you needing to rev the car hard.
If you want the quickest (or at least which one FEELS the quickest) then you want the FSI.
If you want lots of torque and a very nippy car then the tdi may suit you better.

To me the tdi JUST edges it because of the all round performance throught he whole rev range, but the feeling of a 1.6 FSI "on song" is pretty hard to beat.

Just my opinion.
Steve B

I'm pretty sure if you want, someone would volunteer to take you for a spin in a TDI. The 90 is pretty good unmapped. If I'm over at my parents in the next few weeks I'll pm you and offer you a spin around the block in our 90.

PS welcome.

Chris.

Thanks all for quick, and very helpful responses. I did love to go-cart performance on the 1.6, but masses of torque sounds ideal for Mrs Nin who will also drive the car a lot.

Is the suspension set up the same across TDi and FSI models?

Back