No A2 For Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmckie1

Some of you may know but for those who don't I'll fill you in quickly on my A2 history. Bought an A2 just under a year ago, had nothing but problems with it and ended up swapping it after only 6 weeks ownership.

However even though I had this bad experience I knew good A2's were out there and decided recently that I was going to give it another go as I love the design of the car. Well I discovered 2 A2's I liked the look of at my local dealer (Lomond Audi in Glasgow) and went in for a look. I was kept waiting and the service was generally slow but I was patient and arranged a test drive of an A2 to remind myself what it was like. Done the test drive and asked to drive both the A2's I was interested in back to back. This was agreed by me and the salesman and I turned up on the day exited at the prospect of possibly choosing my new car and finally getting the A2 I always wanted.

After waiting 20 minutes as the salesman I was dealing with was busy (he told me when I came in he would be a few minutes) I asked another salesman to find out what he was doing and to check the cars I wanted to drive were available as I couldn't see them. He went to check and 10 minutes late he drove round in the wrong A2. I told him this and he went after my salesman. He came back and explained the cars were on their way and should be there soon. I waited very patiently until 1 hour was up since I had arrived then told another salesman to inform my salesman I was leaving and wouldn't be back. I then discovered my car was blocked in and returned to the garage to get the offending car removed. My salesman then came over all smiles to try and explain the situation to me. I didn't really want to hear it but he convinced me that if I came back in an hour both cars would be there to drive. I had to do some shopping so I did so. On my return only 1 of the cars I wanted to drive was there but I took the keys and had a look at it. I waited a further 20 minutes and had to chase the salesman to tell him I wanted to drive the car not just look at it. Well I wasn't allowed to take it out on my own and he was busy so he then tried to arrange I come back at a later date.

I calmly arranged to do so then left and will never return to the garage.

The very same day I ended up buying a second hand Mini as this was my second choice.

I didn't come on just for a rant but more to say that I was planning to pay my money to stay a member but won't be doing so now due to shocking treatment from Lomond Audi. I've not been posting much but regularly read the forum and wish you all the best when the forum becomes paying members only. Maybe if they keep producing A2's I'll get one someday but at the moment it's Mini land for me.

I just don't know whether to write a complaint letter to Lomond Audi or just turn up in my new Mini and tell the salesman I got it instead.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Call his boss?

Lee and Sheridan,
TDI SE, Build 11/01, Dolphin Grey,
50% Brighter Bulbs : Original Audi 6 CD Changer (Fitted in proper location by me) : Rear drinks holder : Floppy Wiper : Centre Tray : Elasticated Belt System - Nearly.
http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk18.htm

Someone should email this link to taht dealer - they must have an email address on the Audi website... shocking...

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/180225.jpg[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk23.htm

Jmckie,what a way to be treated-- a bunch of prats.
You must go back and rub it in, and make sure there are plenty of other customers within earshot. Have a go at the "Manager". If it's any consolation a lot of dealers are like that unfortunately- some of the Audi dealers I contacted were useless- but not all. Perhaps sometime in the future you might consider another go ? You could always keep in touch with the Forum, they are a great bunch and it's well worth £10!!! And tell us about your Mini.
Regards JohnW. 2002 TDI SE.

Jamie
The Leon not giving you a thrill then?. Or you keeping it for more mundane purposes and the Mini for fun?.

I'm on a Corolla now. It's good, but been a 100% success on the build quality and dealer experience. What is it these days eh?.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Steve - the Leon is a great car - the best I have owned. But yes I do want something less normal and a bit more fun while I can. In a few years kids will be on the agenda so I might aswell take the chance while I can. To be honest I wanted a 2 seater sports car but as I've only been driving for just over a year the insurance is too painfull.

Glad the Corolla is going well.

I'll let you all know what I do concerning this Audi dealer.

Jamie.

Jamie - I bought my car from there and also had problems with a certain salesman who I complained about. Was it Ian Henderson?

If you want to make a complaint to Lomond Audi like I did, write to these people

Stephen Marchetti - Sales Manager
Hugh McMahon - Managing Director

Hope this helps

[2002] | 1.4 | azure blue | 2 tone leather | concert II single cd.
Member of A2OC site.
http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk12.htm

You got it in one mate - Mr Ian Henderson was indeed the offending salesman.

Thanks for the names.

I'm still considering turning up at the garage in my Mini and comlaining in person. Should annoy them more coming in with my nice new Mini.

Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back