noise coming from left hand side

nicky

I have a noise coming from the interior of my tdi 1.4 audi, it seems to come from underneath the dashboard, on the far left side.
It seems to sounds like a gronching noise, and is worse when I back out of a space turning the steering to the left does anyone know what this could be???:confused:

If it's when the steering is on full lock then it's probably a cracked spring. Mine was making a strange sound and ended up replacing the springs. If you take a good look at the spring yourself you should be able to see if it has cracked. I'm sure someone will give some more idea though...

If it's when the steering is on full lock then it's probably a cracked spring. Mine was making a strange sound and ended up replacing the springs. If you take a good look at the spring yourself you should be able to see if it has cracked. I'm sure someone will give some more idea though...

Agreed - broken spring. Could be a siezed strut bearing, but a broken spring is most likely and quite common on the A2. Should cost about £200 to fix. We had one break on our first A2.

Back