noise

jonnycwh

Hi all,

Ok I know this has probably been discussed before but today i've acquired a knocking noise from the front of the car. The best way to describing the noise is a deep but hollow knock coming from the front. Almost like theres an empty plastic bottle being thrashed around in the engine. Anyone any ideas as to what it might be? Thanks guys,

Could be the EGR valve. If you can almost control the thud with the accelerator pedal and appears to be rev related it could well be the EGR. Can be a bit of a problem on the A2's and not the easiest thing to fix in my opinion. my advise would be to take it to a dealer and go for a drive in it with a mechanic.

I sure there are threads on this site related to the issue (if it is the same one!)

Anti roll bar/Brushes

Issues you describe are common of the A2s Anti roll bar / suspension brushes. If you can replicate the sounds by going over uneven ground or sharp corners its most probably the above...not a cheap repair i'm affraid.

Regards.
Primea2

hi, thanks for the replies. is it still safe to drive with damaged anti roll bushes or whatever they are? i'm bringing it to the garage this weekend to get rid of it! had enough!

jonny

see my other thread re roll bar replacement.
Depending on the age of your a2 you might not need the roll bar, just the bushes, this is unlikley though, the roll bar & bushes cost me £60, a friend did mine for FOC, it only takes a couple of hours, so if you know someone who fixes VW polos etc, they can do it, alternatively take it VW, it's cheaper than audi

bba

Back