Non dis to dis cluster swap

audi Atwo

Past Member
Hi all was needing some help/advise on what can be done as I bought a dis cluster off eBay to complete my dis retro fit that I am having done but after speaking to Audi chingford who was going to help me but decided not to last minute.I spoke to a sales advisor originally and made a booking for today as he said that said they would recode it but after going there the head tech said he won't do it and I cannot return the cluster so I'm stuck as to what can be done to get the cluster coded to my a2? Any info/ help is much appreciated I also found this and tried it but it didn't work even though it says it will work on used clusters I had the pins and followed exactly but after checking the vin was still the used car one
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_III_Immobilizer_Swapping_(Instrument_Cluster)

Thanks
John

Last edited:
Milton Keynes is not far from you and worth the trip. Give Tony a call to discuss your options at least. Timmus is up in the wilds of the North. Somewhere near Durham!

Hi John,

I can definitely help, but if you could give me a bit of background info, I'd be grateful.
Firstly, am I right in thinking that you've got a 1.6 FSI? Is the cluster you've bought part number 8Z0920980T? Has the replacement wiper stalk been fitted? Has any additional wiring been fitted? If so, who supplied the loom and who fitted it?

I believe I am currently the only person within this community able to do every stage of a DIS retrofit. I did a complete retrofit near Oxford on Saturday just gone. See here: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?27520-Greetings-from-Oxfordshire

Isn't Timmus working down your way? He could do it :)

You're absolutely right, Alan. I am currently working on a big audio system down in London. Although I'm back at home right now, I'll be returning to London very soon. I already have a few retrofits lined up in Kent, so calling at yours in East London will be no issue whatsoever. Please send me a private message if you'd like to discuss putting together a plan.

Timmus is up in the wilds of the North. Somewhere near Durham!

Haha! I'm based in Lancaster, which is two hours from Durham. :p
Luckily I travel around a lot, so there are often opportunities to have work done by me without having to trek up the M6.

Cheers,

Tom

John, Hi.

See details of our services below.
We were the pioneers of retro-fitted DIS (and some others) in the UK.
If you have some time next Saturday 23 May, why don't you pop over to Milton Keynes for our open day.

blue skies
tony

Hi timmus that is correct I have a 1.6 fsi no dis or stalk installed as yet I have the stalk but no loom for it also the cluster is 8z0 920 980TX I have a loom I bought of German eBay , also I have pm'd you

Last edited:
Hi timmus that is correct I have a 1.6 fsi no dis or stalk installed as yet I have the stalk but no loom for it also the cluster is 8z0 920 980TX I have a loom I bought of German eBay loom, also I have pm'd you
Hi
there is only one loom required and that is the one that goes from the stalk to the back of the instrument cluster. So if you have that you don't need another loom.
The tricky part is the coding and especially the imobiliser. So whoever does the job needs the equipment (cable and software) to do this.
Steve B

Thanks for that birchall could you confirm if this is the right one? http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/170801521694
Yes, that is the loom you need. It goes from the replacement wiper stalk (now with the DIS buttons) to the back of the cluster (the end with the plug on it).

That at one may well be the exactly the same as the one I bought and fitted sone time ago on 1.4 A2 I used to own. (same seller too)

Steve B

I think you will find it is in fact the same one as I bought this reading through various threads more than likely yours lool

When doing a supply and fit of DIS, I supply a loom made by me. Whilst the loom from German eBay is a good starting point, it needs to be modified unless bulb monitoring and the washer bottle level sensor are also to be fitted. Its lengths are a bit rough and the colour of the connector is wrong, which upsets the perfectionist in me!

When doing a supply and fit of DIS, I supply a loom made by me. Whilst the loom from German eBay is a good starting point, it needs to be modified unless bulb monitoring and the washer bottle level sensor are also to be fitted. Its lengths are a bit rough and the colour of the connector is wrong, which upsets the perfectionist in me!
Yes indeed.
The bulb out and washer bottle warning are both extra jobs with that loom and you wouldn't want to live with the warnings going off and it is not that obvious how you Earth the warnings. So Tom can solve that for you too. Tom's attention to detail is amazing.

Steve B

Back