North West Owners (show yourselves)

• Thread starter fairbrother3202
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fairbrother3202

Was just wondering if there were any A2 owners and club members in the North West, in particular the Blackpool / Poulton-le-Fylde area.
Not a tremendous amount of A2's in the area (probably a good thing), but would be nice to know there is someone out there to look out for. Hope to hear from somebody. Christ! I sound like a right Billy-No-Mates.

I'm in Southport, which isn't too far away from Blackpool as the crow flies!

A2 1.4SE (March 2004) - Light Silver (Metallic); Sea Blue Cirrus Cloth; Electronic Climate Control; Winter Package; Driver Information System; Space Floor Box; Space Saver Spare Wheel; Mud Flaps

Hello Southport, Nice to know there is at least someone fairly close by. Went into Southport last weekend actually to have a nosey around Waitrose. Long way to go for food shopping I know, but what the hell. Lord Street is as nice as ever. Many thanks for your reply.

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

Sorry Wayne, forgot to say hello!

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

I know that they DO wear pink shell suits in Southport. I worked in the area for a while. Should suit me then. I thought I would get that in before you do!! I also worked in Liverpool for a long time, lovely people, really. I parked my car in the factory compound with 14 foot high wire fences, I asked if my car would be safe, the guard said, no,it'll just take them longer to get the bits over the fence.

Hi hollyrescue
Can you tell me what factory it was you worked in? as I dont want to miss out on that 14 foot high fence (would do nicely for our back garden)or might even sell it on Ebay.
Oldi A2 (Scouser and proud of it).

Oldi, all gone now, Plessey, I think it was next to a dogs home, or maybe I'm confusing the dogs home with GEC Coventry. I just used to visit Plessey 3 times a week for my own Company. Lovely people, I made many friends there, I even saw Tom O'connor when he was just starting (Pickwick Club etc..) I think I have stayed in every city centre hotel, pretty good most of them, the Adelphi was borderline.
Every morning I walked from my hotel to the waterfront, I took in the wonderful smell of sea air, deisel fumes, stale urine etc., then walked to work at Edge Lane. many happy memories of the 'pool and my many friends there. I think a big city boy feels at home with other big city boys, nowhere is this more obvious than working with New Yorkers, as distinct from the small town Americans.
I claim the bravery award for walking through Edge Lane factory proudly proclaiming I'm an ***nal supporter, and drinking in The Big House (Alan Rudkins pub then)in a suit!
Happy days!!!!

Hi Hollyrescue
My Uncle used to work at Plesseys, perhaps you knew him John Garrett?
and yes you are right it was next to the dogs home (I should know as I have been out with a few of them in my time).As regards to the "Sea air,Diesel fumes and the smell of urine" might I suggest that next time your A2 is in for a service and your car is up on the ramps getting an oil change ,get them to drain your colostomy bag as well,
I can just see the itemised bill now.
Oil change = £1500 :00p
New Filter = £175 :00p
Colostomy bag drained and bled:
Customer has advised he will replenish fluids Himself £125 no pee
Investigated smell from climate control ,cause of the problem
Taurus excretia = £137:00p
Cost of living down South charge 1 x arm & 1 x leg
Sundries = £350:00p
VAT at 17.5 %=
Total:£2687.22p
It must be heaven to live in Essex,where the Sun always shines and the smell of roses permeates the air.;)

You don't know how close you are with the colostomy bag I'VE GOT ONE!!!!!!! Pee is in an Ileostomy bag, and on the right hand side, don't mix them up. Here endeth the medical lesson.
There are times when a colostomy bag is great fun. When you are in someones office and they are giving you a *ollocking, you can.....well I leave it to your imagination. Also you don't need to change into your brown trousers whilst doing circuits of Castle Combe. Someone once said to me "you will never make an Engineer all the time you have a hole in your ****, I'm now a great engineer!
Don't tell me the Liverpool pier head doesnt stink, although someone did tell me they've cleaned it up recently.
I shall just go in the garden with my glass of Chardonnay and pick some strawberries, after ducking under the grape vine and dodging the pea****s, it's just Nirvana here.
Sorry I didnt know John Garrett, Plessey was a big place, a name I can remember was Tommy Workman, real Liverpool, a lovely man, and a very competent engineer.

hollyrescue
You sound like an educated man,can you answer me this? if a peahen is the female version of the pea**** what is the male version of the moorhen?.By the way when did you last visit Liverpool? I bet that smell at the Pier Head was the slave ships departing for the States.

I can't be precise , but clipper ships were the new kids on the block, (about 10 years ago really). I'm not that educated, I know nothing about moorhens. This forum wouldnt even allow my name once, Dick!!!! I can't spell Richard, so they call me Dick, I think that's why! Richard is my hospital name, "come in Richard", they say and I wonder who Richard is.

Sorry oldi, I take it all back, my friend has just returned from the pool and tells me the Pier Head has been cleaned up and doesn't smell any more. As he stayed in Southport he borrowed my pink shell suit, but was too scared to wear it in the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back