Norwegian Value of an A2

Shame we cant come to some arrangement with these countries that drive on the wrong side of the road, to swap our driver seats for their passenger seats, or vice versa.

My passenger seats like New.

John,

The reason why UK cars are cheaper is the market is dead where older cars are concerned except when they become classics when the clever with money come out and play all over again. That's the problem here, plenty of rich people can afford almost anything but the masses below them with little spare can't. Cost of living here in the uk is astronomical compared to Germany. I know as my mum went back for 8 years she's German and i was shocked how much cheaper, plus Germans earn more for an equivalent job. Here to go and see a top flight Premersihip football club home game say Chelsea will cost a family of three over £100 where as you can do that for £24 to a Bayern Munich home game. And all of this is despite us being in Europe. Go figure that one. Lol

But how much did they cost new compared to UK? In Denmark when I lived there the tax on new cars was well over 100% so that was reflected in the 2nd hand market.

In 2003 in the UK a base petrol A2 was £13,145 including vat and a base diesel £14,125

Prices in Denmark in 2001 was 330.998 DKK Arround 40.000 £ for a 1.4 TDI version

Used they are around 20-70.000 DKK depending on condition.

We have a lot of 1.2 TDI versions without equipment because of our road tax system, that judge the cars from their use of diesel or gasoline. It's called green fee.

When the 1.2 liter version came out the road tax was only 80 DKK. Now it's 1260DKK per year.

1 £ = 8,41 DKK

Prices in Norway more or less the same as in Denmark. But the 1.2TDI is rare in Norway and often sold cheap with gearbox issues. 1.4i most common.

But prices on new cars has dropped the last years.

Back