Not the best start to A2 Ownership

Pugliese

A2OC Donor
Just ran the A2 down to the shops and the engine emissions light has come on and stayed on. It is running perfectly in every other way. Had a quick look at the other threads on this and clearly I need to get the system scanned. However off to the airport in it tommorow morning, so two questions, is it OK to drive and is there possibly anything that could have come loose like an air intake etc that could cause this i.e is it worth getting under the bonnet and having a look??

Just ran the A2 down to the shops and the engine emissions light has come on and stayed on. It is running perfectly in every other way. Had a quick look at the other threads on this and clearly I need to get the system scanned. However off to the airport in it tommorow morning, so two questions, is it OK to drive and is there possibly anything that could have come loose like an air intake etc that could cause this i.e is it worth getting under the bonnet and having a look??

It could be something as simple as a faulty brake light switch or blown brake light bulbs - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9363&highlight=glow+plug+light

Cheers Spike

New A2 Paranoia

Will - nothing as serious as that, thank goodness.

So I thought I would leave it for an hour, started it again - light came on. Stopped engine and started again, light went out dove around for another half an hour stopping and starting and the light has remained out. Methinks that with all these sensors the car is too clever for it's own good. - my SEAT with the same engine has far fewer sensors.

Anyway guys, thank you for your speedy responses and if the light is still out tomorrow, I will happily buy you a pint Bret!!

At it's next service they should read the stored error codes so hopefully you'll find out more then.

Back