o/s/f speed sensor fault

Q

qsaisha

firstly, what does that mean?

next, my 1.6 fsi se , starts up with OK, then after driving for 1 hour or so , the red brake warning light comes on, along with the amber abs light and the amber funny looking triangle one.

when i pull over , and restart the vehicle, red brake light is gone, car says ok , and only the abs light remains. if i leave the car for an hour, and restart it , all warning lights are gone and car says ok.

anyone have any idea's?

brake pads and discs have recently been replaced along with ABS wiring loom which recently had a fault on it.

Cheers, Aisha

firstly, what does that mean?

next, my 1.6 fsi se , starts up with OK, then after driving for 1 hour or so , the red brake warning light comes on, along with the amber abs light and the amber funny looking triangle one.

when i pull over , and restart the vehicle, red brake light is gone, car says ok , and only the abs light remains. if i leave the car for an hour, and restart it , all warning lights are gone and car says ok.

anyone have any idea's?

brake pads and discs have recently been replaced along with ABS wiring loom which recently had a fault on it.

Cheers, Aisha

Hi Aisha, How did you come to know o/s/f speed sensor fault? did you get a scan of the car done?

It is what is says, there is a speed sensor fitted in the wheel hub/knuckle, there is wiring connected to this, it could be the wiring or the sensor.

If you haven't had a full scan done then get this and see what other faults show up first.

Have you got the correct tyres on the car all round?

Also has it only come up during snowy weather?

Cheers
Sarge

hey Sarge

yes had diagnostics done at audi... overcharged me for the pleasure of course!. I recently bought the car and I dont think the tyres are not standard (am going to check what they are).but either way, I am going to have recommended size tyres put on in the next week or so.

in terms of other faults which came up, ABS lights coming up on dash intermittantly., the abs wiring loom for n/s/f brakes was broken , but I had the loom replaced last week. then the final one is the fault stored in ecu memory - for nox sensor failure. .. havent gotten around to replacing this one yet, blew my budget doing the cambelt and brakes.

right about now am wishing that santa will take the car away and bring it back repaired on xmas day!

Back