Offside rear seat jammed

originalfake

A2OC Donor
Great car, however it would seem my 'thorough' inspection before buying wasn't 'that' thorough!

The offside rear seat doesn't want to play ball, i.e fold! The handle moves but that's as far as it goes. I've tried a spot of 'gentle persuasion', however before I bring in the heavy artillery, I thought I'd upload this post, just in case I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

P.S when viewed from behind the two seats are slightly out of alignment

hi

Folding the seats can be a little tricky at first, but I think that there is a technique to it. Are you able to fold down the part of the seat where your back rests when sitting? If so fold that down so that it is flat with the base of the seat. Now get your knee (!) and lean on the uppermost part of the seat (where the headrest is). Once you have done this give the handle a tug and the seat should come out of its clips and you will be able to fold the whole seat forwards.

Hope this helps,

Yatin

Hi Yatin,

Thanks for reply, but that's the problem; I can't even get the back down. The hand lever moves freely but unlike the other side it doesn't want to budge!

Regards,
Andy

oh sorry to get the wrong end of the stick, I have read about issues like this before of the forum, it involved using a screwdriver, if I can locate the thread I will post it on here.

Yatin

Back