Oh BOY..!!!

EF MAX

DO I NEED TO LET OF SOME STEAM..

I guess it had to happen some time, but it's just gone 5.30am Just coming back from a night out with the missus and her girlie friends and some b@stard has just smashed in my front passenger door/window..

Now the deadlocks have stopped them from opening the car door.

The security film on the windows put up a good fight but ultimately, an undisturbed attack will win the day, the window did shatter and give in. Thankfully the film has held most of pieces together.

The scum bags can't get the head unit out as it is cabled locked to the chassis of the car, so they fcuk the dashboard surround in anger.

They could not get the CD players out so they nicked the face plate from the locked glove box.

Not happy with that they have ripped out my MICRO PILIOT PRO Speed Camera Dector and they just ripped out the connector leaving bare wires behind but left the Sat Nav Aerial.

I can not begin to imagine just how much this is going to cost to repair..

As the SONY C910r head unit is old school, its just about irreplaceable. They have damaged the main chassis in trying to remove it.

Even to replace the glass is a nightmere due to the front door build and sound deading material on all three skins in the door..

The stuff in the boot was safe, well that is a work of art to get out and you need to be able to open both back doors otherwise it is just impossible to move anything.. The box can not come out except through the rear doors.. the sad thing is nothing they took is going to work by itself so it is worthless to them and sodding expensive to me..

I reckon that I will have to replace the whole of the Speed Camera Detector unit and that's not cheap plus re-wire it all as it was hard wired in to the car, all nice and neat.. and this one has been modded to control back and front laser sensors plus back and front radar sensors plus laser jammer (parking aid jobbie) so me well pi$$ed here...

But the faceplate for that unit... nah.. that will mean a whole unit and people just do not sell those old skool units like they used to.. Effectively that screws the system as it runs an old skool CD player and the Sony DSP unit.. me not happy this morning..

And if that's not enough, my lady decides to stay at her mates house as they were all out on a girls night out and she can't leave her mate to stay at a strangers house by herself... god some sex tonight would have taken my mind of things.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You know what, despite my girl giving me a real good night out and it was all sweet with her and her mates.. she lives 60miles away and drove to Reading to come out for the evening, but if I had to have driven her back home with the front side door window missing, I would have been MAD as hell.

Angry black man with no woman, no sex and no tunes.. not nice...
shakehead.gif

Damn, that's bad news. I know the sour taste it leaves. We've had a couple of window smashes. The first was on my wife's old fiat when we lived in London - nothing taken - just lots of body scratches. The second was when she parked her Jazz in Liverpool, and left her TomTom mount on display. Again, lots of body scratches - but this time they took everything in her glovebox - owners' manual, sunglasses a case of 50s CDs. I bet they were gutted when they saw the music in there!

You could get one of these...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/232777.stm

... and wire it into the security system.

I hope the insurance will cover some of the cost of repair.

Take it easy

Ben

Bummer, sorry to hear that EFMAX, you're install sounded so good too. I must take my satnav bracket out, it's bound to happen to me one day.......

Feel sorry for you. I had my first car broken in too about £2000 worth of stuff stolen/damaged. Then i was working in hayes just off junction 3 of the M4 did'nt know the area parked up, came back 45mins later to find passenger door open glove box open nothing taken just a right mess. i also had to drive 150miles home in the rain with no window as the glasss companys were to busy to come out and install some perspex. The must anoying thing is if you catch some one breaking in and challenge them you'll must likely be the one the police deal with.

Scumbags beware.. You need to get a life before you lose your own.. (stealing is a dangerous game.. afterall if you had cut yourself on my broken glass, I bet you would want to sue me,,, yeah right..)
The work that has had to go into replacing this window is unreal..

• First the door build has to be dismantled..
• Then you have to play hide and seek with 16 screws hidden under two layers of sound deading sheets that have been in place for 4 years.
• Then, and only Audi could be this mad, the door is a two part jobbie and the window comes off as a seperate unit... and yes you have to take than darn thing compleletly out as it screws together from the outer door skin side... madness..

That lot took 3hrs and then the fitter spent another 30 mins doing the final stuff and I asked him to leave the panel and door build replacement down to me.. that took another 90mins and guess what, yep .. there is always one screw left over and I will be lucky if I could find out where it goes..

autoglass.JPG

Now just have to get the security film and tint put back on...

And sorry, the headunit face plate was not the SONY 910 it was the rather and very nice SONY CDX 90r.. and you know that one was special..

EF MAX said:
The work that has had to go into replacing this window is unreal..

• First the door build has to be dismantled..
• Then you have to play hide and seek with 16 screws hidden under two layers of sound deading sheets that have been in place for 4 years.
• Then, and only Audi could be this mad, the door is a two part jobbie and the window comes off as a seperate unit... and yes you have to take than darn thing compleletly out as it screws together from the outer door skin side... madness..

That lot took 3hrs and then the fitter spent another 30 mins doing the final stuff and I asked him to leave the panel and door build replacement down to me.. that took another 90mins and guess what, yep .. there is always one screw left over and I will be lucky if I could find out where it goes..

autoglass.JPG

Now just have to get the security film and tint put back on...
Any broken glass trapped inside the door? If so have you been able to clean it out? Had the same thing happen to me, still has broken glass trapped in the door till this day...

Sadly because of the design of the door, the very bottom corner at the outside edge towards the end (same end as the door handle) is a false floor and then a pocket. Once glass gets into that pocket, it appears impossible to remove it.

The only way to avoid this is to (a) don't drive the car until the glass is removed as vibration is what sends it into this pocket, or (b) take the door completely off and shake it out... or (c) tip the car on its side and shake the darn stuff out..

The whole door design is not impressive from a glass fitters point of view and looks like total madness when you see what is involved.

EF MAX said:
Sadly because of the design of the door, the very bottom corner at the outside edge towards the end (same end as the door handle) is a false floor and then a pocket. Once glass gets into that pocket, it appears impossible to remove it.

The only way to avoid this is to (a) don't drive the car until the glass is removed as vibration is what sends it into this pocket, or (b) take the door completely off and shake it out... or (c) tip the car on its side and shake the darn stuff out..

The whole door design is not impressive from a glass fitters point of view and looks like total madness when you see what is involved.
I think I'll go for option B... Although, dismantling the door seems like a epic job...

The false floor in the door is beyond me,, probably something structual.. The pocket is just madness,, if only they had built a rain water channel or plug hole or something..

There is no easy way to even see how it gets in there, but my guess is that it goes into the false floor and behind there is a hole that leads to the outer door skin and then its all bad luck from there on in..

To be honest, with the sheer quanity of sound deadening that I have on the door, you can not hear anything on the inside, but it is the annoying fact that you know it is there and the constant reminder that some little scum, messed with your pride and joy..

I should be grateful really (hell, they should be) cos if I had of caught them in the act,, I would have lost it and probably my freedom to..

Maybe spray a can of dynamat or summit down there. Bit more sound deading and the glass should stick in it once its set

Sorry to hear of the damage to your A2.

One very small good thing came out of your post - it finally motivated me to clear out my garage and use it for parking my A2. In theory it is now better protected from theft, vandalism, dirty rain and heat/frost and will certainly help give me more peace of mind as I hear the ignorants :mad: walk past.

Back