Oil dipstick ref: 8Z0115611E 1.4 AUA engine tip of the stick broken

a2lover

hello everybody. When checking the oil level in my 1.4 AUA I inadvertently broke the tip of the oil dipstick whose reference is 8Z0115611G.
I tried searching online to buy a new one but there are few and the prices are excessively high.

So I ask if it would be possible, for example, to order a more easily available and cheap 8Z0115611E dipstick for diesel engines and then remove the tip and place it on my original dipstick? Are the plastic tips the same length? Is it possible to remove the tip and fit it to a dipstick for petrol engines?

If this is not possible, what is the best option in your opinion to get a new dipstick? look for one in scrapyards?

thanks

hello everybody. When checking the oil level in my 1.4 AUA I inadvertently broke the tip of the oil dipstick because the reference is 8Z0115611G.
I tried searching online to buy a new one but there are few and the prices are excessively high.

So I ask if it would be possible, for example, to order a more easily available 8Z0115611E dipstick for diesel engines and then remove the tip and place it on my dipstick? Are the plastic tips the same? Is it possible to remove the tip and fit it to a dipstick for gasoline engines?

If this is not possible, what is the best option in your opinion to get a new dipstick? look for scrap metal?

thanks

I have been 3D printing the dip stick ends for some years
£5.50 plus postage (normally £1.65 to anywhere in the uk)

Let me know if this is of interest to you

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been 3D printing the dip stick ends for some years
£5.50 plus postage (normally £1.65 to anywhere in the uk)

Let me know if this is of interest to you

Paul

Hi Paul. Thanks but I am not in the uk it would have to be sent to Portugal so i am not sure if what shipping costs would be. In your experience is it easy to remove the rest of the broken tip and install a new tip? Is it necessary to use some sort of glue or it just fits on the dipstick?

Thank you

The remains is easily removed with a file on one side then it will break away. Make sure it is totally clean, brake cleaner is good
Then attach the new tip using thin superglue

Note sure on shipping cost to your country but it is a large letter in the uk so under £5 maybe less for postage

Paul

The remains is easily removed with a file on one side then it will break away. Make sure it is totally clean, brake cleaner is good
Then attach the new tip using thin superglue

Note sure on shipping cost to your country but it is a large letter in the uk so under £5 maybe less for postage

Paul

Hi. Thanks for the anwser. Do you know if the the plastic tips of the petrol dipstick 8Z0115611G and diesel dipstick 8Z0115611E are the same length? I am just refering to the plastic tips of the dipsticks.

Hi. Thanks for the anwser. Do you know if the the plastic tips of the petrol dipstick 8Z0115611G and diesel dipstick 8Z0115611E are the same length? I am just refering to the plastic tips of the dipsticks.

They are different

Correct
Plus you will not get the top off without breaking it

Paul

To avoid more breaks in the future, I can recommend an alternative dipstick, as here

Matt

Back