Oil Leak 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecoangel

Saw a few spots of oil on the carport floor of late - I thot at first they were from my acient but still amusing Fiat 127 Sport (1979 - 4 seater, race prep'd 5 speed 80bhp from 1049cc petrol at about 6500 rpm!). Then I went to change over from "sommereifen" to winter wheels and tyres and looking from front right hand (to driver) wheel position there is a build up of oil and muck on the rear of the undertray.

The Aluminium block (steel on 1.4 models) is clean as is the drive shaft so i'm prayin it's only an spill from the recent oil change (done last month by German Audi Dealer).

Anyone else had oil leaks this side? Car has done about 11000 miles.

Lukas

- see pics on A2OC site soon

Nottingham UK
A2 1.2 TDI LHD

Are you 100% sure it's coming from your engine?. The only reason I ask is that with the recent (huh, recent, it always rains) wet spell, and with me driving around country lanes, I've noticed on the garage floor some black marks that could be mistaken for oil. Just a thought. Can you reach the dirt you mention to see if it is oil and not just a build up of road sludge?.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

yes I agree the sludge from the road is more significant this time of year but as the photos show (or will show), it's oil - the water and sludge tend to dry off on the carport floor whereas the oil is rather blacker. But it doesn't seem too bad at the mo and oil consumption seems normal

Lukas
[^]

The cam box has been known to blow on this engine at the back so you cant see it with the bonnet off, but you can see the small blobs dropping on the floor.

icon_smile_cool.gif

thanks Maersk - pics are now on the A2OC site - got a few more tiny puddles this week. Did you get yours fixed under warranty - was it a big job?

Regards

Lukas

40 minutes under warranty and the car is MUCH quieter in the refined diesel area.
I shall remove the bonnet and have a good poke about this week end.

icon_smile_cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back