Oil pressure / level warning light....... intermittent! 1.4TDI

B300ABT

Slightly odd one here, so advice appreciated.
A2 is a 1.4TDI with 151000 miles on clock but regularly serviced.
Last week, oil pressure warning light (and audible alarm) came on.
Checked dipstick. Registering minimum. Topped up level. All fine.
Return trip to Wiltshire - 100 miles - no problems.
Next day, start up - 200 yards down road, alarm and warning light return.
Stop, check level, still full.
Start again, 400 yards down road, same alarm. Carry on. After a mile, warning light disappears.
Since then, variations on same theme. After a short period of running with light on, it clears and all seems fine.
Any thoughts / advice appreciated. In fact, I've thought of one query as I type.
Is it a low level or low pressure warning light? Where are the sensors that drive warning light?
Help!

Hi mine showed a yellow oil can with the word min underneath it happened on a 8 mile trip then on the return nothing did check the oil and it was reading fine

It could be the first signs of a faulty oil level sensor - a problem which several owners have reported.

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike, is it right that by opening the service flap cancels the warning light whether you put oil in or not, for the next 50 miles which is happening to me.thanks.

Thanks Spike, is it right that by opening the service flap cancels the warning light whether you put oil in or not, for the next 50 miles which is happening to me.thanks.

I've heard this before but can't find anything written by Audi to confirm it.
My personal view is the level sensor should immediately detect oil top-up so there would be no requirement for the opening of the service flap to cancel the warning.

Cheers Spike

Back