Oil tensioner replacement? Does anyone on here offer this service?

Gritty

My tdi 75 2002 is due for a cambelt and water pump change at 145k so as Im planning on running my little dirty diesel until the world ends or efuel becomes available I want to get the oil chain tensioner done at the same time.

I would prefer to give the work to someone on here so if anyone is interested please get in touch?

Any recommendations would be warmly received!

Last edited:
DS motorsport in Shelton near Coventry is a little closer to you and has done several, including mine

That`s interesting did you have the cambelt and water pump done too what was the cost if you don`t mind me asking?
It was part of a much bigger rebuild throughout the vehicle so difficult to isolate the cost of that part of the job. Considering some of the rest of the work was undertaken while the engine was out of the car for this task (NTG gearbox replacement, new injectors, new turbo, new EGR) doing the oil chain / guide / sprockets and pump was still probably the most intrusive part of the work because everything else was essentially bolt-on ancillaries.

WOM have done a few of mine. Just ask for the price whoever you’re looking at, what it cost even a couple of months back could be out of date.

Looking to do this on my car have seen a couple of kits with the 3 gears, chain and tensioner does anybody recommend a particularly make or best go Audi items?

You could try Gary at B&F in West Hounslow. Very reasonable prices, really know their stuff and not far from the tube at West Hounslow.
Not that far from St.A, and worth a ring.

Not affiliated, just a happy camper.

Looking to do this on my car have seen a couple of kits with the 3 gears, chain and tensioner does anybody recommend a particularly make or best go Audi items?
Febi are a worthy brand for anything aftermarket for the A2's mechanicals in my opinion, never heard a bad word said about this brand. My car now wears the exact kit you're describing.

Thanks for the recommendation have bought speed sensor and brake hoses both febi recently they look really good quality to be fair.

Back