OK Going to buy ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr_Evo

This is so hard ... I've spent alot of time trying to decide on the spec. The car will be a sport model - sorted however engine is an issue :

1) Diesel 75 - Great engine, great fuel consumption - costs more to purchase so over 3 years I will nedd to do some miles to get back my cost. - Insurance group ?, Tax £85

2) 1.6Fsi - Great engine as well, Great fuel consumption - Better brakes - Cheaper than the diesel. Insurance group ?, Tax £75

3) Diesel 90 - Have'nt driven, but again on paper great fuel consumption, but the initial cost is so much more than the others it would take a long time to recoup the initial cost. Insurance Group ?, Tax £85

- Anything I've missed ?

Finally Audi dealers seem to have alot of A2's available but poor specs, so I've been looking at www.micronetshowroom.com which is a car from an audi dealer at fantastic prices - anybody experienced them, or can suggest a cheaper alternative ?

Thanks

Personal choice, in order
1st 90bhp
2nd 75bhp diesel
3rd 1.6
4th 75bhp petrol

As for brokers, try Pat Lawless (I think that's his name) of Carfile. What Car? use him when doing roadtest and the reviews come down to best deals. I believe he uses UK dealers to source cars, so the usual special offers apply (0% finance etc). However I have never got past the enquiry stage with Carfile, but emails are replied to promptly.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back