OMG its back

Another photo-chop, but a pretty good looking one this time around.

Unfortunately, there's a few 'facts' that are just wrong, foremost of which is that the new A2 will be based around the 5-door version of the A1 - it won't!!

The electric motor stuff is probably far fetched too, but there may be some form of aux motor in there, or more likely, a more efficient version of recuperation.

Roll on next years concept - I might be in a position to buy one by 2012!!

Cheers

Mike

PS Good find Mal!

Last edited:
Whoever did the photoshop should go to work at Audi design!

Looks very nice, with lots of original A2 style.

The photoshop impression is rather good! It has a lot of references to our car while incorporating the new grill and clues from the project metro. Totally acceptable look although it wasn't an official audi design.

The reporter has called the A2 a 'legend' which we would agree, but see it is raising a few eyebrows - probably from those who thought the A2 is just an A class wannabe.

I'm with you on this one... When we baught our A2 I said it will be with us until it won't go any more. But this will all change if Audi does come out with a BETTER small car. As far as I can see the new A3 with 1.6TDi which has been able to get as low as 0.3l/10km (as the 3L) they are on a good way on getting there! :)
It'll be interesting how the A1 or A2 will be (which ever car they choose to build!) But I buy is probably guarenteed!

Any one read the comments at the bottom this one stood out for me.

"The A2’s lightweight aluminium construction was years ahead of its time" - really??

Then what - the Honda NSX was Big Boom years ahead of the A2?

Aluminum was there to stay from 2000 if Audi had gotten the car right, sadly it was a distasteful turd of a craft.

By vazirncars on 9 December, 2009, 2:43p

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/a...audis_a2_on_comeback_trail.html#ixzz0ZDiwSMS8

May be he doesnt like the A2 then:D

eventhough the NSX was released before the A2 (and even the A8), Audi was still early using the aluminium body with the first A8s. (the old Audi V8 only had the engine out of alu if I remember correctly?)
The A8 was released with the aluminium space frame in -94 (vs. the NSX in -90).
The thing with the A2 is that it was the first small eco car produced with the ASF probably because of the costs (look at the stock price of the A8 and the NSX). So compared to those cars (even though they are luxury/sport) the A2 at release was cheap for what development must have costed! (even if it was expensive compared to other smaller cars).

Conclusion: The A2 is one hell of a car! :)

Based on a drawing, of a guess, of a car that doesn't exist yet, then I would buy one tomorrow!!! Stylish and practical, and we wouldn't have to change the name of the owners club!

Bring on 2012 :D

David

Lets not get too excited about the Autoexcess images.... they are simply their thoughts and clearly take to the top half of the 'old' A2 morphed into current Audi design cues for the lower half. In my experience Automakeitup is what the magazine should be called or AutoSunNewsoftheWorldPeople.....

Back