one touch window

Chris93

Hi guys, my drivers window will not one touch down but will up and the passanger window will do both up and down. Is this meant to happen and if not how do i fix it as it is really annoying!

Cheers Guys
Chris

Thats an easy fix put the window to the top, then pull and hold the switch for a couple of seconds you may hear a slight noise. The battery has probaly been disconected at some point

Cheers Phil

Gave that a go but no joy, i put it up to the top and when i held it nothing happened no noise and it still will not one touch down. i even tried putting the window to the bottom and holding the button but nothing.

Cheers
Chris

Gave that a go but no joy, i put it up to the top and when i held it nothing happened no noise and it still will not one touch down. i even tried putting the window to the bottom and holding the button but nothing.

Cheers
Chris

Right i forgot to say realese the switch first then hold, try thats

Phil

gave that a go and nothing, do i need to have the engine on or anything like that

No as far as i know it should do it just with ignition on, pull the switch till the window stops at the top then release the switch and pull and hold should only be a few seconds and you should hear a click (dull click)

Phil

Just thought try the other side to see if you can make that do it, it should do

No, i am really annoyed it wont work! does anyone else know why or another way to fix the problem

Any thoughts appreciated
Cheers

I had this problem and Bret told me how to fix it. I motored the window fully down and held the button for a couple of seconds and then motored it fully up and held the button for a couple of seconds and then repeated this two or three times. Then I tried the one touch function up and down and it worked. Perhaps you need to motor the window up and down a couple of times keeping the button held for a couple of seconds each time.

HTH

Cheers,

Tried that and still nothing, it will still not one touch down, i wonder if there is something wrong with the switch or a sensor or something like that, anyone have any more ideas

Thanks in advance
Chris

If the window will one touch down but not up, it suggests that it's sticking a little - try working a little furniture polish into the velvety grooves and see if it helps.

Cheers,

Mike

It is the other way round it will not one touch down but will up so i am not sure what the problem is

Chris

Sorry, misread your posts, but it's just as valid either way - if the window one-touches either way, then the control module is OK, just sticking is the problem.

For the sake of a quick 10 minutes with the Mr Sheen, what have you got to lose!?

Cheers

Mike

Ok just wanted to make sure it works both ways, i will give it a go and let you know the results

Just rubbed furniture polish on the velvet grooves and at the bottom of the window, it seems to have made it worse, the window goes down occasionally with one touch working but to get it back up i have to take the key out of the ignition and put it back in. I am not sure what to do now as whenever i put the window down i will have to turn the engine of to close it. The window closing on the key has also stopped working. Not sure why, can someone help me solve this problem!?

Chris

This now sounds like a definite case of a control module failure, most likely the convenience unit. The polish can't have worsened it in a physical way (unless so much was sprayed in thatit has flooded the control unit in the door).

I think that you'll have to go with Phils suggestion of a diagnostic now and then take it from there.

Cheers

mike

Ok have booked it in to my mechanic tommorow, cheers for the help guys will keep you up to date

Chris

Electric Window Problem

Hi,

Not quite the same problem however, a couple of times, my passenger side front window stopped half way down and then refused to move either way again. My 'fix' is to disconnect the Comfort Control Unit (under passenger side front footwell) - re-connect and the window functions properly

Worth a try for your problem?

Regards,

Dan

Back