online tax disc purchase

dan_b

A2OC Donor
Well, got my Tax Disc reminder at the weekend (Does anyone else think it's a bit unfair they only send them out 2weeks in advance now - you could easily miss that with a holiday...) so decided to try the online payment system - very pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy it was. It automatically checked I had a valid MOT and Insurance and I just whacked in my credit card details, job done. Not only that, the tax disc arrived in the post just 2 days later - good stuff. And the fact that I only paid £35 for the year was even better - a far cry from my last tax disc of £265!

Great way to tax... & SORN

Well, got my Tax Disc reminder at the weekend (Does anyone else think it's a bit unfair they only send them out 2weeks in advance now - you could easily miss that with a holiday...) so decided to try the online payment system - very pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy it was. It automatically checked I had a valid MOT and Insurance and I just whacked in my credit card details, job done. Not only that, the tax disc arrived in the post just 2 days later - good stuff. And the fact that I only paid £35 for the year was even better - a far cry from my last tax disc of £265!

I must agree with you Dan B, I have been using the service for quite a while now, it also saves joining the never ending queue at the post office! I have used it to do SORN's on a couple of vehicles that I have parked up too.
Regards,

Ian

I agree, it's the way forward! I was sick of Post office q's, had to always go at lunchtime and stand behind a line of blue rinses!:rolleyes:

If you buy your Road Tax on-line you're also automatically entred into a free draw to win a Seat Leon, which if you win, you could sell and buy a couple of nice A2's!:D

Yup, piece of cake to do and, as you say, the disc arrives within a few days - you could spend that long waiting in a Post Office queue, once you have managed to find one open! And seeing as I seem to be responsible for taxing all 3 of our cars it saves loads of time.

Been using this for the car and the ped for the last few years, as i had to go into town to get mine, pay for parking, big Q's, blah, blah you get the point

Cheers Phil

everyone advised me to get a diesel one of the reasons was because of the cheap car tax of £35, imgine my shock in the dvla office when they said its £120!!

the £35 rule is applicable to cars registered from 1st march 2001. mine is registered 22nd feb 2001. one bloody week and it cost me £85 how ridiculous.

Back