Only meant to be a commuter mile muncher

Rickvan

A2OC Donor
image.jpg
2002 TDI SE in crystal blue with (currently broken) open sky, DIS, climate.
Brought to save some miles on my T4 Caravelle, I've done 600 miles in a week and I love it!
So far I've replaced the buttons on the CC and Concert stereo, sorted an inoperative alarm disable switch and swapped out the interior light switch as its locating clips were broken.
It's currently at the workshop having a cam belt, water pump, thermostat and auxiliary belt fitted, as well as a Revo remap. I'm looking forward to the drive home on Monday!

I understand where your coming from, the things grow on you, some days i want to wrap mine up in cotton wool and preserve forever, hard to believe i bought it as a family runabout dad's taxi, warning stickers coming soon, "highly addictive".

I'm going to get a little controversial here, but I've gone and had coilovers fitted to the A2:
image.jpg
image.jpg
My reasoning was that for not a great deal more than the cost of Monroe shocks and some decent lowered springs, I could buy a mid-range set of coilovers and have the flexibility to tune the ride height (which I've still got do).
I have gone for an AP coilover set for a 9N Polo, as they don't list one specifically for the A2. The only mod needed to fit it was to grind off the 2 inch tall tubes that located the bottom of the standard rear springs:
image.jpg
You can then bolt on the adjustable spring cups:
image.jpg
I have kept the locating tubes in case I ever want to remove the coilovers, as I can get them welded on again.

I have only had a short drive with the coilovers fitted, but the ride seemed fine and just more planted on the road.
I'm currently doing a home refurb on these to complete the look:
image.jpg

I've also got a few more little mods I'm part-way through completing. More updates soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 334
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Its really good to see someone trying something different. Those wheelswill look fantastic with the drop. Looking forward to seeing the complete package.

Audi TT Interior additions

I got an Audi TT gear lever with gaitor and surround, along with a 3 spoke steering wheel from the same car:
image.jpg
The TT shifter was a 6 speed so I had to swap the shift pattern over from my original knob, and use a bit of enginuity to get it to fit, but I'm pleased with the end result.

This is shaping up to be a nice little A2. What about a set of TT seats to match and a retrim to the rears?

Will we be seeing it at any of the socials?

This is shaping up to be a nice little A2. What about a set of TT seats to match and a retrim to the rears?

Will we be seeing it at any of the socials?

I have got the bit between my teeth with modding the A2. My T4 is feeling very unloved at the moment!
Yes, I am keeping an eye out for some TT seats in black leather. The tricky bit will be sourcing a black leather A2 rear seat to match as I can't afford to get a retrim.
Yes, I want to get along to a social or two. It's a shame I wasn't around for the A2 Cars open day.

Last edited:
Black emblems and black wrapped 'grille' surround

image.jpg
image.jpg
I mentioned at work on Friday that I wanted to get my service flap surround wrapped black sometime and one of the girls in my office who has done plenty of modding said she'd give it a go. I jumped at the offer, and it got even better when she said she had some wrap at home she could use. Off came the surround at lunchtime Friday, and one wrapped surround was delivered back to me this morning. I fitted it as soon as I got home, along with some black Audi emblems front and rear.

I think with the 16 inch wheels tge black grille surround is making the front end look a little out of proportion but as soon as you get the dishedwheels on you've got planned it will all come together well and bevery effective.

I think with the 16 inch wheels tge black grille surround is making the front end look a little out of proportion but as soon as you get the dishedwheels on you've got planned it will all come together well and bevery effective.

I need to stop sitting on the sofa looking at the forum and get on with refurbing them then, don't I!

That wheel looks good - it will be interesting to see all four when they are on the car.
Ta
Dave
:)

They do make a massive difference to the appearance. Do you have anymore pictures because the proportions are being thrown out by the frncing behind.

They do make a massive difference to the appearance. Do you have anymore pictures because the proportions are being thrown out by the frncing behind.

I'll get some more pictures up soon. That one's pretty dreadful due to mucking about with the levels to get the wheels to show up, which I think has also made the wheels look 'heavier' than they actually are. That was a fluke though, getting the fence lined up perfectly with the curve of the bonnet!

Car looks really good. How is the ride on the Ap coils as I am running JOMS on mine but mine is lower on the back!? Btw where did you get the black rear audi logo as I need one for my car as well??

Many thanks
Neel

Back