Open Sky - is it worth it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveS

Probably been asked and answered many times before.

Does it lighten up the cabin ? We currently have the beige cloth which is nice and airy - I've always been put off by the darker interiors and dashboards. However the lady of the house has mentioned going for silver this time rather than pine green. So obvious choice is black leather. So can Open Sky alleviate the gloom ?

Also can you combine Open Sky with Satnav plus ? I though there was some weird combination with Open Sky that was not possible?

Thanks

...also DaveS

it appears that you can't have roof rails with the open sky roof... don't know if this is important? I too heard you can't have sat nav with the roof... can't imagine why?

Az

Not sure about the sat nav. But you definitely can't have a roof rack with the open sky system.

I have open sky on my car and love it. It does open up the car and make it fee a lot more airy and light. It's definitely worth getting.

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk

DaveS !

You can have the Sat-Nav with the Open Sky on the A2, mine is
going into production at Neckarsulm as we speak :)

But you can not combine the "Automatic dipping rear view mirror" or
the "Luggage partition net" with Open Sky !

And if you choose the BOSE Sound System you will have to do without the Tow Bar.

BK

Soon the owner of a 2003 Silver 1.4 TDI S-Line (Sport in the UK) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone, El. rear windows, Fog lights, Winter Package, ISOFIX, Headlight washers, Space Floor +++++++

Yes, Open Sky is well worth it. Much lighter interior, no buffetting, large open roof space.

But, you must have CC as well...

Paul
1.4TDi, leather, Open Sky, BOSE, 6 CD, alu trim, cruise, DIS, etc. etc.

I'm lukewarm about the open sky. I would not order it again. I never open the roof.

You really should have a/c. Then you do not need open sky or open windows. Suggest you write down the other options you want and then get open sky if you like the look of it and have the money to spare.

Chivers ':)'
'02 A2 1.4TDi SE

Hi DaveS

I love my open sky, but as other get the CC as well.

It does look rather cool when opening, many friends have had a play with mine :)

2001 1.4 TDI SE, Crystal Blue, Open Sky, Climate Control, El.Rear Windows, H&R -2" suspension, 17" five spoke Canonica alloys, Alpine CD/MP3 & Genesis Components & Amps, Focal Sub all custom fitted.

Thanks to all your comments.

Climate is always the first tick on the options box for me (as you can see on my other thread), I'd also guess that the glass house effect of the Open Sky would make it pretty mandatory.

In fact looking at my own history nearly all my recent cars have had sunroofs, but since the advent of aircon I never open them. At best Id slide nack the interro cover to let more light in.

Recently discovered how to change the CC from reading in ºC to ºF - which also changes the outside temp at the same time. I know small things please small minds...

Dave have a look at page 4 of the forum and you'll get 12 more opinions in response my identical query..great minds etc:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back