Open Sky Jamming

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alcabs

Just purchased my first A2 on Saturday, 2 year old TDI SE in silver with CD, leather trim and Open Sky.

When I went to pick the car up and was being shown round the car by the salesman the Open Sky roof was opening with a loud ping due to the glass on the back edge of the rear panel being tight with the fixed pane onthe roof. The salesman said "oh - its a bit tight from lack of use". As I had travelled a few hundred miles to get this car and the rest of it seemed OK I took him at his word.
Subsequently tried to open the roof on a warmish day yesterday and it jammed completely, only opening after several attempts. Has anyone else experienced this with their A2 sunroof? The car came with an Audi 1 Year Warranty so I think its going to the nearest dealer to be fixed asap. Is this a common problem and is it easily sorted?

The pinging noise you speak of has been mentioned before. We had it on A2 No1 but not on our current one.
Some people did go to dealers to try and get it rectified but I can't remember if any firm answers were found.

I know of one person on this forum who had to have the whole Open Sky roof replaced. All I'll say is get it sorted under warranty, otherwise it'll be extremely expensive.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a 1.4SE petrol. http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk14.htm http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/safety.htm
New A2 - Ebony Black, Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Definately take the warranty route. But as an attempt at a quick fit, open the roof completely and wipe a little lubricant across the rubber seal at the back edge of the rear piece of glass. I've found that this can help to stop the rubber seals sticking in hot weather.

Phil. TDi Sport, silver, with Climate and OpenSky.

I've found that a very thorough clean around the edges of the glass and as far as you can reach underneath works wonders. Also clean all rubber seals. I use MER polish but I suppose anything similar would do. No more heart stopping clunks when you open it.

Use a silicone spray on the rubber seal at the rear - on mine, this was where the glass was sticking when the second pane starts to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back