Open sky OSS motor removal?

chb

Anyone got a how to for OSS motor removal? My cog cracked and jumped and now the roof wont close fully! Will still open and close a bit!

Help!!!!

I think they are T20 torx (could be T25)
But 4 bolts and the motor is out

You need to remove the light and the control panel first which will give you access to the bolts that hold the motor in. Remove them and you can use the motor to 'adjust' the limiters on the linear motor

Ok?
Jason

Just to add to what Hooley has posted, you will also need to remove the interior sensor as one of the screws is easier to access via this opening.
Once you have the motor out clean the drive wheel and to achieve better contact between this and the drive cables use some mole grips to gently squeeze the mounting to bring the two cables closer together as shown below.

OSS.jpg

Finally, be careful when re-fixing the motor to ensure that it's in the right 'phase' to match the roof. If you reconnect the motor when it's removed and cycle the open/close function you will be able to determine the correct position. If it's not correct you run the risk of more damage to the roof/cables.

Steve

And if you need a brand new motor (with lovely new pinion gear) send me a PM

;)
J

Last edited:
The fluff is there on purpose.
It's wound around the cable to help it run in the channel without the need for lubrication.

J

Reactions: chb
Great tips, will need to do the same as my motor have jumped a few cogs and now it doesnt open the OSS in its first stage, it opens only the second stage where both roofs open but where the second glass panel only opens halway as its the end of the wheel in the motor i guess.
Might be needing a new motor as well i guess.

Hooley, how much for your OSS motor?

Great tips, will need to do the same as my motor have jumped a few cogs and now it doesnt open the OSS in its first stage, it opens only the second stage where both roofs open but where the second glass panel only opens halway as its the end of the wheel in the motor i guess.
Might be needing a new motor as well i guess.

Hooley, how much for your OSS motor?

Send me a PM if you are interested
Cheers
J

First remove the light fitting by releasing the metal clips shown in the photo:

14417939fe7a08a397cc78fc57ab375b.jpg

After removing the three torx 25 bolts the motor pulls off easily.
Here you can see the offending pinion:

4a8ca29b97cc4ebf05175e3ec0b55cb0.jpg

And also the hole where the pinion goes:

3b5f9806abf51cf4eed5d5ca3b968844.jpg

I cleaned up the cog and reassembled and so far so good!

Back