Open Sky Roof

• Thread starter mike and shirley
  • Start date
M

mike and shirley

As a novice to the A2 can anyone clear up a query with the Open Sky roof as fitted to my 1.4se......My roof opens up and back to cover the rear glass panel and then stops.Is this the full extent of the opening or is it supposed to open the rear panel as well.Car is a 2004 model

Mike

The rear panel should open too, but it's not uncommon for it to stick, due to lack of cleaning, lubrication and upkeep.

Best thing to do is to open the roof to it's fullest extent and then press up on the rear panel, just in front of the reading light. This should be enough, together with the button pressed, to crack open the rear panel, which should then slide back.

You can then follow my advice posted elsewhere today on cleaning and lubrication.

Cheers,

Mike

sky roof

Mike,thanks for your quick reply.I will try that and then give it a good lubrication......Cheers ,Mike

Hi

I had plenty of problems with my roof not opening, and it went in and out and in and out and back in to audi, I had it re-aligned twice and new rails on the third time, but it still sticks, mostly on very hot days and when it has not been used much, but as mike says the front and middle panel lifts up onto the rear panel

colin

Who is correct beteween Mike and Colins' posts? Or are you both saying the same thing differently:confused: There are 3 glass sections on the OSS roof. Presumably the front and middle open over the fixed rear section......?

All three of you. See attached image for how it looks from above.

Ben

I think I know what Mike and Shirley mean. I must admit that I expected the whole area to open up too, but it's only the area above the front seats that actually get "open sky".

I used to wonder if my open sky was opening fully, but when you see it with the boot open you soon realise why it stops where it does!

Back