Open up headlights?

daniel_se

Hi

I have been trying to fix my hazy headlights, but I can only go sofar without opening them up.

Can these be opened up? They have a few metal clips, but even with them removed nothing is going anywhere. If I can not open them up how can I get the inside cleaned, it is a mess in there!

20150503_133752.jpg20150503_133810.jpg

Think I can reply to my own question. I need to bake them to get the glue to come off right?

What typ of glue is best used to get it all together, or is there a tape or something that can be used?

Daniel

Yes, you need to bake them in the Oven or in a box with a hairdryer. Check youtube for more info.

Butyl headlight sealant to reseal. Ebay has what you would need.

I would not call it easily, you need to apply some force, read my post:
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?27082-Finally-HID-Headlights&highlight=projector

Perhaps Spike thought that the OP had "Splitable headlamps" due to the comment about "a few metal clips"
But on the splitable headlamps there quite a few rather than just two or three.

So, in short, the splitable one come apart easy, the NON splitable ones are a PAIN to get apart.

The splitable ones have at least 6 clips the non-splitable have two or three.

Steve B

Steve got my 'logic' in post 6 spot on. Only minor difference was that I thought the non splitable units had no clips at all........but it's an awful long time since I handles such a unit and my memory is fading fast.

Cheers Spike

Back