Chat Opinions needed

Nat_s2

A2OC Donor
I’m looking for some brilliant blue panels and I think I’ve found a car seller is unsure of the colour code and it’s a good 300 mile round trip

I’ve tried to put the 2 cars together in one picture would you say they are are the same?

Top 2 pictures are the 2 cars on there own below is the 2 cars I’ve put together

b478603a66aeeaeec56c694dc1d2232e.jpg

e66221d7a38e91c7d455955daa4b1231.jpg

Thanks in advance

c5a5b61e429171ad12d678b9846c8379.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have said cobalt as well so your donor car could be that / best get confirmation of the paint code.

Why not ask the seller for the paint code from the sticker in the boot or service book. Audi could tell you also from the VIN but may also do it from the reg number.

Was the first thing I asked they are unsure and don’t have that information

I just realised the second car, that I agreed was Brilliant Blue, is your own one - sorry, I'll wake up at some point! :rolleyes:

Now I've actually gone and found the advert for the other one on FB Marketplace, looking at it in fullscreen unfortunately it does look Cobalt blue.

Reactions: Ami
I just realised the second car, that I agreed was Brilliant Blue, is your own one - sorry, I'll wake up at some point! :rolleyes:

Now I've actually gone and found the advert for the other one on FB Marketplace, looking at it in fullscreen unfortunately it does look Cobalt blue.
The colour code is LZ5Q Ian, as you say Cobalt blue

Mine is Brilliant Blau and rarely looks that blue in photos. Mostly it looks almost black. I was surprised how blue that looked. My paint code is LY9K

20240102_134751.jpg

Why Audi .... Why?
Lz5r -Lz5h , I've made that mistake thinking I could have nice looking rear arches and bumpers

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m looking for some brilliant blue panels and I think I’ve found a car seller is unsure of the colour code and it’s a good 300 mile round trip

I’ve tried to put the 2 cars together in one picture would you say they are are the same?

Top 2 pictures are the 2 cars on there own below is the 2 cars I’ve put together

b478603a66aeeaeec56c694dc1d2232e.jpg

e66221d7a38e91c7d455955daa4b1231.jpg

Thanks in advance

c5a5b61e429171ad12d678b9846c8379.jpg

Yes it's the same but I can guarantee you it won't be the same due diferent uv loads on these two diferent parts one will be slightly brighter than other. It will look just slightly weird. If darker you can wet sand it to bring it to the same shade. If it's lighter you would need to wet sand rest of the car to get that perfect match. I would still made the trip and take it if I'm you.

So…. Unfortunately the majority of you were incorrect the car IS brilliant blue I checked with an Audi dealer

Thanks for your help

Back