Origin B

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tactile

Just added another speed/ radar detector to my collection.Having ditched the Snooper S6 i now have the Origin B.Nice neat compact unit with no unsightly wires. Bought an extra car mount so it can go in my TT and the wifes A2. If you want I can keep you updated with its performance.
http://www.originb2.com/

hull.gif

tactile2.gif

http://www.ttoc.co.uk/

So far so good. Within the last year i have bought a Road Angel 2,
Snooper S6 and now an Origin B.
The origin B is aneat little divice which you are able to put in and take out very quickly.

hull.gif

tactile2.gif

I have the original Road Angel and it works very well.
Why do you need so many ?
It must be very loud when they all start going off.
cheers

andy

1.4TDI SE, DIS ,Leather ,CD ,ipod ,Climate ,Road Angel ,Tom Tom Go.

I just put a Micro Road Pilot in my Dads car and that is very neat, it is tiny compared with my Road Angel.

2004 3.0 A4 Cabriolet Sport - RNS-E Nav+ - Moro Blue - S4 Alloys - S4 grille and mirrors - grey Leather - CVT - FOR SALE!

Isn't it better just to stick at or close to the limit?

1.4 Petrol Special Edition, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys for SWMBO (Replaced a 2002 1.4 Petrol SE) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Tactile, is your the solo unit and if so does your antenna still work? 1 returned, 1 definatley iffy changed to the plug in one I had from my original unit all works fine now

A2 TDI Sport Leather, climate control, Bose cruise control

Its the Origin B2 , had it installed profesionally and the antenna is situated on the dash of my TT and it picks up the satelites withinn 1 -3 mins. I could drive across the city of Hull and the snooper would still be searching for satelites ( approx 20 mins ). Like i said so far so good.

homeimage_on.jpg

hull.gif

tactile2.gif

The point of my question is that if you don't speed excessively you don't need the warning system.

That you don't understand the question illustrates the problem!

1.4 Petrol Special Edition, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys for SWMBO (Replaced a 2002 1.4 Petrol SE) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

I wouldnt say i speed excessively, but i love my road angel.
Between that and the sat nav , journeys become a lot lot easier.
I suppose i do about 85 on the motorway ,but never break 30 and 40
zones ,where it is a safety issue and not just a tax.
Funny watching all the drivers slamming the breaks on ,causing the problems they are trying to stop.
We all know the arguements for and against, but inside we all know its revenue based, and very little to do with stopping accidents.
If it was we would have lots more road police. Maybe that would encourage more people to use their indicators and not drive like idiots.
Problem is Tony spends far too much money on consultants and "groups"
to have anything left to spend on constructive things.
Just my own opinion, dont mean to cause offence to anyone.
cheers

andy

I agree with that sentiment on lying, but then I don't often go so fast as to need a warning system.

Anyway they will be illegal soon in the UK and already are in France - does having three systems get you three 600 euro fines?

only the laser detector will be illegal.
they cannot ban the GPS warning.
I would not advise use of them in france ,as
they may crush your car !
On mine the laser detector detatches, so
i will just remove it.
But the gps has all the mobile sites on anyway.
safe driving

andy

I hear so many arguments against the need to have these systems. Years ago, if you were speeding, an officer would follow you and depending on their mood, your stupidity and your attitude they would deal with you by caution or worse.

I have had some form of detection since the mid 80’s; currently using a Road Pilot with 2x Laser + 1x Radar. The net result is I hate the damn things going off so I drive below the limit, but it is a fact, that some cameras are set very close to the roads speed limit and that 3-4mph over the limit is all it takes to get a few points.

I would argue that these devices do a better job at making people aware of their speed than the cameras do and that as soon as they make them illegal [non GPS] that someone will find a way around the law.

Personally I would love to see a complete overhaul of the law:
• 20mph around schools and side streets
• 30mph in all other town areas
• 40mph on non town roads or dual carriageways in town areas
• 60mph on open non motorway roads
• 90mph on motorways in light traffic
• Unlimited when you are the only fool on the motorway [midnight – 6am]
o These last two being that people who drive really fast already exceed these limits and don’t care about the law anyway, but most people hover around the 75mph – 85/90mph mark already.
o In the early hours of the morning, when there are virtually no police cars out on the motorways and also very light traffic, then people who are going to drive very fast will do it anyway.

Now as I live in Reading, and Reading University is the heart of Road Rage/Driving Psychology, I would love to see some of that money they get in from fines spent, 1, on better roads so my low profiles don’t suffer and 2, making everyone who is over 21, had a licence for longer than 2 years, be made to do both advance driving skills/test; and then to be made to refresh and retest every 4 years.

In a nutshell, would you fly in an aeroplane with a pilot that has had a pro rata amount of flying skills/time as a new driver. I don’t think so.

I have a perfect speed limiter. She sits in the passenger seat!!!!! I also have a road angel, it quietens her down cos it reads lower than the speedo.

Thanks for the constructive debate guys.
I travel alot around the country and i feel the need for these devices purely as a reminder and a help.Forget laser speed traps , nothing on earth will save you from a mobile camera.Its got you before you detect it. I use it for fixed sites in towns and cities i have never been too.
As for having 3 different types I am a gadget nut. As andydax2002 says they will not make the GPS side illegal and if they ban laser detection .........so what as i said its useless anyway.

hull.gif

tactile2.gif

2003 Audi A2 1.6 FSI Sport
2004 Audi TT 1.8 Quattro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back