Original CD Changer

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2day

Hi!
I've an original CD changer (from my previous VW Golf), and the only place I saw on the A2 manual was a box on the top right side on the trunk. That box is an extra, right? Because mine does not have it.

Do you know is it possible to install it next to the battery? (It seems there is some space there... with some cables even... it looks like a good spot but...

Any experience with this??

Thanks for any info.
Cheers,
A2day

The box over the wheel arch is a whole new boot liner piece and is available from your Audi dealer (in the UK at least). Replace this boot liner will give you the box for a 6-cd changer.

The space near the battery I think is taken up with some packing foam. I have not removed this but if it is an empty space you may be able to use it. But be careful that if you do remove this packing it isn't holding the battery in place.

The other space next to the battery is where the cd-rom is fitted for sat nav and I think is DIN size. So only a Blaupunkt 5 Disc din size changer would fit in there.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Oh.... the original is 6 Cd Changer.. I will try it, but probably I need to cut some of the foam..

Thanks!

May I fit the Blaupunkt DIN 5 CD Changer (that I have from my previous VW Golf) into the hole in the dashboard under the climate system?? I mean is this a DIN hole?? I'd like to avoi to place it in the rear of the car...

Thanks in advance.

Mauro,
OpenSky, 1.4TDI

I too had a 6 stack changer left over from my Golf and have had it fitted very successfully in the drivers side footwell. Access slightly inconvenient, but the b*****ds from the local Barnsley mafia will take a few months before they find it (unless they all read this site)

I believe the space below the CC is a DIN slot, but I THINK you have to remove the tray that occupies the slot and I hope it leaves a perfect DIN slot (I have never tried it!).

Failing that, as jessie says, stick a changer under the floor. I'm not sure how it works, but if you could hook up un MP3 cd changer (can the Audi chorus/concert etc read MP3'S???) then you could have many many hours of music.

A2day-I would be careful cutting foam-the CD fits in a whole new panel which your dealer should be able to supply. I wouldn't want to hack away at the existing panel as you may not achieve what you want!.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

If you look under the posts for "Driver side (UK) rear internal lining" you will see fitting instructions for the Original Audi CD changer (This is the way I did it??) I will take some photos to show difference..

As regards to cutting the panel/foam this won't help as you need a pre-formed bracket an this in its self would require a hole the size of top section of the existing panel also leaves the CD changer on display..

as to fitting any other CD changer the spec of your A2 determines the locations avalible..

Lee,
TDI SE,
Dolphin Grey,
6 Disc Changer (Fitted by me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back