Ouch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abre

Well having managed to write off my beloved A2 a month ago I finally picked up a replacement yesterday, I've gone from a TDI SE to a TDI Sport that's a couple of months younger and with 20,000 less miles on the clock, not perfect but my dealer (Alexander Audi, Huddersfield) did work hard to find what is a reasonable car for the money. BUT a note of warning to anyone unfortunate enough to have an accident that is classed as your fault if insured with Audi Insurance. You don't get a loan car, it's up to you to hire a car and the body shop (Smith Knight Fay in Audenshaw) didn't seem to care what happened, it took them a week to do the estimate and that was with me calling each day for progress reports! I've managed for a month with a great deal of assistance from others and what a relief it was to get back in to an A2 last night. The SE didn't look that bad, but parts and labour were going to cost about £8,500 and I only slid down the side of an Merc 180, the clue is slid, I hit ice and snow at about 45 MPH and went off road on the Pennines into the Merc that had spun off on to the moors. I only damaged the off side and wrecked the O/S suspension unit bouncing back on to the road! To add insult to injury I'd just spent £200 that day putting 2 new tyres on the front and having an optical allignment done.

Now the letter writing campaign begins, first Audi, as one little problem with Audi insurance is they don't approve Audi bodyshops??? Their USP - Your car will be repaired by an Audi body shop with genuine Audi parts... they have to then inspect and verify the estimate to see if they can get the parts cheaper. Once that campaign has started the second hit will be Audi insurance as the write off value wasn't enough in my humble opinion.

Rant over!

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Sport Crystal Blue Climate

I have just had my A2 repaired by SKF Audenshaw and found them very obliging, they even managed to upgrade my loan car to a spanking new A3 sportback FSI sport, with regards getting your car repaired, you can go anywhere for the repair work, you do not have to use the bodyshop the insurance company tell you to, this may affect whether you get a loan car of course. I was lucky it wasn't my fault and I dealt with the 3rd party insurer via SKF. Must admit though even though I liked the A3 I was glad to get my A2 back.

A2 TDI Sport Leather, climate control, Bose cruise control

My sympathies - insurance claims can be a real pain. I had my immaculate A2 just one day when smacked into by a refuse truck.
Who is the underwriter for the Audi policy? I'm guessing they have "standard operating procedures" hence the stupidity.

I went to SKF Audenshaw - Did a good job although noticed a few tears in the paint on the top inside edge of the rear hatch!

Only managed to get a 1.4L polo hire car - but it did have air con.

Second job was with Lancaster Motor Bodies in Salford (non Audi)- looks a bit grim (recommended by my insurers) but IMHO a better job on the paint than SKF

Regards - The Foghorn

2001 TDI SE Atantic Blue, Open Sky, 16" 6 spoke alloys, Satellite cloth & space box system. The "Dogs Twitchers"

I like insurance claims - especially when you've been hit by an insured drink driver. Made blame easy to decide, plus we got a newer car out of it. [24]
Saying that though, the Missus is still getting treatment on her shoulder almost 2 years on, so maybe not that good after all.

We're with Direct Line & only managed to squeeze a 1.0L Corsa out of them for 14days.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

I was told by one of the mechanics at SKF that they are only 1 of 3 Audi approved aluminium body repairers, over a barrel there then, as for taking the car to SKF, my dealer sent it there as they couldn't take on the work (A & B pillars bent). Hence the write off status.

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Sport Crystal Blue Climate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back