Oversized cup holder. Any idea?

alainlevy

Hello there,

I have just bought the most wonderful travel mug. Unfortunately, I noticed later that the mug base is slightly wider than the cup holder hole and it does not fit in. Not by much, but it doesn't... :mad:

Any suggestion for a replacement / after market cup holder that would accommodate my new mug...? I have seen some arm rests with built-in drink holder on Ebay, but would rather replace the one in the dashboard if I can.

For info, I drive a A2 3L tdi, so I only have 1 cup holder at the front as the other half of the space is taken by the stupid handbrake warning light...

I know this all sounds like a trivial issue, but I spend 2 1/2 hours in my car every day and am a big tea drinker!!!

Thanks in advance.

Alain

Have you got the optional Audi rear passenger cup holders - they fit behind the centre console on top of the exhaust tunnel? They are larger than the push-out cup holders on the central dash. It can be retro-fitted easily and you can also reach them from the front seats no problem.

I can fit my insulated coffee flask in these ones, but not in the front ones.

Yes - try your local dealer, or Stoke Audi Parts (they do online ordering and supply parts by post) - there are a few other bits you need to get with it to mount the holder properly but Stoke should be able to sort you out.

Also, make sure that you give the dealer your registration number or take your service book with you to ensure that they order the correct coloured part to match with your interior. I know there is beige and black and a dark grey that almost looks black if memory holds true.

Also, below is a link to Lee's excellent fitting guide, with a view of just what the part comprises of and looks like.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3397

Good luck.

Darren

Try this.

Hi Alain,

Find a large cardboard coffee cup that does fit the holder and put your new travel mug inside it. If travel mug has handle simply modify the cardboard cup with scissors.

John.

Back