Paintstrip A2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato

Does anyone know that if you paintstriped your A2 will it look like the image on the top left of this page? Maybe Audi could intoduce a tinted laquered series to show off the aluminium. Or has the A2 some plastic panels, so is the above image fake?

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

I'll have you know I laboured long and hard over that image in the corner, who you calling fake!:)

Az

bye the way it was heavily retouched!

huh, and thay say the camera never lies!

I agree totaly. Supberb job alfa.

Unfortunatley, there a loads of bits that are plastic. The front wings, bumpers and the bottom panel of the boot. Where the "A2 & 1.4" are.

We can but dream!

Neil Howells
A2 1.4 SE - Atlantic Blue
Symphony Radio, Electronic A/C

I was reading in this weeks auto express that Lotus now do a paint that looks like bare metal. Read article below

Elise Dares to be bare</u>

Inspired by its historic racing cars, Lotus has developed a novel aluminium colour for the Elise. Using a paint mix for tinting wheels, the company can now coat the car in a mock-alloy finish that looks like bare metal. Available next spring, prices have yet to be confirmed.

Will Audi follow suit[?][?]

With the sheer reflective properties from polished metal, I'd bet that a totaly chromed car would be illigal. [}:)]

Neil Howells
A2 1.4 SE - Atlantic Blue
Symphony Radio, Electronic A/C

Not to be funny but i do agree with Neil's post, it might very well be illegal because imagine driving on the motorway and its a hot summers afternoon and the suns out, what effect do you think that would have on your car, it would inevitably turn into a super bright blob travelling down the road, to other driversit would look like someone dazzling them with their Highbeams, could cause accidnets.

But It would look damn good though :D.

Audi A2 1.4SE 2001, Brilliant Silver, Rear electric windows and Panasonic MR555 (rubbish) stereo, 2 extra 13" 190watt speakers (plus the standard 8 from audi).

I saw the new Jaguar XJ with polished aluminium body .... it did look quite cool but you could see every scratch, bit of fluff, finger-print etc. Not very practical ... stick to chromed mirrors if anything at all.

Tino
Dolphin Grey 1.4 SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back