park distance thingies

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jhoneyball

my sis has just taken delivery of a 2nd hand tdi se from audi gatwick. One of the things she insisted on was the park senser things at the back.

audi gatwick said "sure, no problem to fit them -- about 350 quid". So she ordered them up

Car delivered today in tiptop condition. Park sensers work just great -- four of them on the rear bumper, with a small speaker unit on the LH side rear window area.

I am gonna have them fitted to my petrol SE forthwith. All the local audi places have said "durrr" when I asked them, so I will go back to audi gatwick for it.

I have these on my Allroad. They are really useful on a big car like this - it works through the speakers so the "bongs" come from the direction of the obstacle.

But - on an A2? Gosh, it's only a little car and I have never felt the need for them when driving mine!

Paul
1.4TDi, leather, Open Sky, BOSE, 6 CD, alu trim, cruise, DIS, etc. etc.

Sounds like a good idea - maybe then I would let my wife drive my A2 !

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

quote:Originally posted by Paul
- on an A2? Gosh, it's only a little car and I have never felt the need for them when driving mine!

I have them !! They were installed afterwards and I really like it. You can see the control box below the radio at page three of the european owners.
The sight through the backwindow is not that good, the parksystem really help.
It's only dangerous when you drive in a car that doesn't has it :) You tend to drive backwards until you hear a beep.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

deheld -- this one doesnt have a control box, it has a little speaker which sits in the rear quarterlight above the boot area. its sound only

quote:Originally posted by jhoneyball

deheld -- this one doesnt have a control box, it has a little speaker which sits in the rear quarterlight above the boot area. its sound only

I know, that's teh factore installed one. The one that's installed afterwards is different. Mine is called "The Parkboy", and it can be fitted with four re***nsors and two front ones. I only have the rear ones. This system is also visual, it has LED's that indicate the distance and the location of the obstacle, left, right or middle.
Works quite nice !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

you misunderstand -- this was fitted *by the dealer* to an 18month old A2, which means the dealer can fit the factory system. No LED display, only sound

quote:Originally posted by jhoneyball

you misunderstand -- this was fitted *by the dealer* to an 18month old A2, which means the dealer can fit the factory system. No LED display, only sound

Aha, sorry....

They never told me that, this was the only offer they had...

Ah, well, as long as it works :)

Thanks for the info !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

no problem :) I will try to find out a bit more info -- apparantly they do a rear and front version too!

Can you adapt them to protect your alloys close to kerbs? Just asking as 'her indoors' needs a set fast. Nuff said I think:(

Take Care

Kit

Dolphin Grey 1.6 FSI SE with Red Leather, ECC, DIS & Symphony 6 CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back