Part No for the Drivers Door Microswitch

jambost

I'm looking to finally get around to replacing the drivers door microswitch assembly this year after promising myself to do it for the last 2 years, you can only put up for so long of cracking the cap using the emergency release inside the boot, besides it ain't cool looking.....

I've seen this on Ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A2-2...h=item1c5ee47455:g:H5YAAOSwDNdV6Eho#vi-ilComp

from your experience is it worth buying from a donor car on stumping up at the stealers for a brand new one? Also if I go the route of the donor is there any difference between DIS and Non-DIS electronics in terms of inside the assembly/connector :confused: Obviously this would be easier to strip the car door down and check the part number but I really don't fancy doing it twice....

Hope folks out there can shed a bit knowledge my way.

Cheers
Stuart

I'd read that a few weeks ago and forgot about it, thanks for the heads up on it. Once the weather improves a bit up here i'll give it a go with the soldering iron first and if it still fails then i'm back to a replacement part.

Has anybody actually tried to resolder then found that the door lock still cycles?

Cheers
Stuart

Back