Passenger sun visor mirror - or lack of?

KSCarrera

A2OC Donor
Only just noticed this morning that the passenger sun visor doesn't have a mirror fitted, whereas the driver's does. I assumed this may be to do with saving money on a car that was sold more in LHD form, but then see that others have two visor mirrors. Mine's a last-of-the-line 05-reg SE. Is this normal?

Anyone have a passenger visor with a mirror for sale?

Cheers

Keith

Only just noticed this morning that the passenger sun visor doesn't have a mirror fitted, whereas the driver's does. I assumed this may be to do with saving money on a car that was sold more in LHD form, but then see that others have two visor mirrors. Mine's a last-of-the-line 05-reg SE. Is this normal?

Anyone have a passenger visor with a mirror for sale?

Cheers

Keith

Hi,

On our 2005 there is a mirror on the passenger sunvisor but it looks like someone has fitted their own mirror. It is not like the driver's side one that slides into a cover.

But Surely this would do? Buy a cheap small mirror and some double sided sticky tape and way you go?

Much cheaper than buying the whole thing.

And since the visor is normally closed it doesn't really matter much?

Ours looks perfectly OK and if you didn't know any better you would think it was OEM.

Steve B

On the 1.2tdi there are no mirrors as standard.
I found a "new" pair of visors on ebay and it certainly makes it much nicer inside.

John

Hi,

Standard equipment for the normal models (i.e. not the lightweight 1.2) is only to have one mirror on the driver's side.
I too thought that was odd. It could be something not changed between LHD and RHD models or perhaps Audi thought that the expected buyers and drivers of the car would appreciate the single mirror being on the driver's side rather than the passenger.

SE trim cars and those with OpenSky have the illuminated mirrors option as standard which give a mirror and a light both sides. It was also an option on its own right.

If the car is an SE then it should have a mirror both sides, if there is a light above the visor on the passenger side but not a mirror then the visor has been changed a some point for one without a mirror. On the other hand, the SE trim level should not be confused with Special Edition which although has the same initials, its completely different. A Special Edition car would not have mirrors on both sides unless it was specified as an option.

As mentioned above, the mirrors are easily changed, its only head on by one screw on the hinge.

regards

Andrew

Hi,

SE trim cars and those with OpenSky have the illuminated mirrors option as standard which give a mirror and a light both sides. It was also an option on its own right.

If the car is an SE then it should have a mirror both sides,

regards

Andrew

The OP's car is not an SE, it is a "Special Edition" and so it will only have one mirror as standard.

Steve B

I have mirrors fitted to both sunvisors and its not SE or Sport model,maybe it was requested when brought new.

Colin

I have mirrors fitted to both sunvisors and its not SE or Sport model,maybe it was requested when brought new.

Colin

Do you have the illumination in the headlining above them? If so it was probably specced (or you do have an SE after all) if there is no illumination perhaps someone just replaced it to get the extra mirror.

Steve B

No illumination above them,but I would like to know what all the codes mean under optional equipment in the service book.

Colin

No illumination above them,but I would like to know what all the codes mean under optional equipment in the service book.

Colin

I would guess that someone has retrofitted that visor.

I came across the meaning for all of the option codes when I googled "Audi Paint codes" it was interesting reading.

I don't have the link now, but google that and you will see the (almost) full list of option codes and their meaning.

Steve B

Will look now for that,another thought did I read somewhere about on some models not all speakers front and rear are connected,reason I ask is all mine are connected.

Thanks Steve

Back