Passenger window switch not operating - Module ?

Pras

A2OC Donor
The passenger window wont operate anymore from the passenger switch - it still lights up but does nothing.

I can operate the window from the drivers side switch!

Does that mean the module is gone ? Any how to's for replacing ?

The first thing to try is disconnecting the battery, waiting a few seconds then reconnecting it. This resolved the issue when it happened to me.

Thanks for that - this actually solved a different problem I had with the Dis not displaying the trip computer information :cool:

The passenger window still wont go down, however I noticed that it will go up when pressing the passenger switch.

Does that narrow it down a bit ?

Hi I recon it's the switch - we had one fail on vonnies one. I don't think I have a spare but will check tonight and fun it over if I have. Cheers Mike

Sorry I looked and amazingly I have discarded them. Not typical of my Horder disorder haha. Cheers Mike

I had the same problem, got a new switch from Stoke Audi, took the door card off and replaced the passenger switch.
Problem solved. Easy !!
Good Luck,
paul

I should receive the new switch today.
Do you just pry the old switch up or do you have to remove the side panel o get to it?

Finally received the switch but it doesn't fit!

This is my original :
2djwg8i.jpg

This is what I received:
13yhv6r.jpg

Any Ideas ????!!!

Same part Number and eBay auction stated for Audi A2 00-05!

They changed the plugs after a coupler of years--the icons are different one has clear glass icon one has solid glass icon. What year is yours? cheers mike

They changed the plugs after a coupler of years--the icons are different one has clear glass icon one has solid glass icon. What year is yours? cheers mike

Switch p/n 8Z0 959 855 up to Sept 02 and still current.

Later cars, from Oct 02 used 8Z0 959 855B but this was superseded by 855C in 2005

Cheers Spike

Back