Pax air bag off switch

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
My new TDi (yes that one!) has a pax airbag off switch in the glove compartment. It seems to be key operated. Natty lite in the overhead panel. Any pointers as to where
I might be able to source a key?

Andy is dead right. The ignition key operates the switch UNLESS it has been retrofitted from another car in which case you will need that key.

My new TDi (yes that one!) has a pax airbag off switch in the glove compartment. It seems to be key operated. Natty lite in the overhead panel. Any pointers as to where
I might be able to source a key?
Simon, you will find that unless your car has a seat swap, it has the rare isofix mounting option for the front passenger seat. I wish mine had that as my wife and I often carry my two boys plus our baby daughter in Audrey on shorter trips - currently whichever of the boys is in the front seat has their car seat secured by the belt only.

Simon, you will find that unless your car has a seat swap, it has the rare isofix mounting option for the front passenger seat. I wish mine had that as my wife and I often carry my two boys plus our baby daughter in Audrey on shorter trips - currently whichever of the boys is in the front seat has their car seat secured by the belt only.
It all appears factory, what are the giveaways for the isofix front seat?

Morning Simon,

Hope all is well up the road Sir. The giveaway that you still have front isofix preparation on the passengers seat is the presence of the isofix fixing points.

To understand what you’re looking for, run your hand along the rear of the rear seat bases and you’ll come across 4 (2 each side) wide u-shaped fixing points, quite easy to locate. Now look/feel for 2 of these fixing points at the rear of the front passengers seat base:

CCDB75FC-A7C3-4F41-9D5C-B24E66E75FB6.png

If they’re not present then it’s evident that the seats have been changed at some point.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tom

Someone was looking for that setup (seats, switch, airbag controller, warning lamp) as an upgrade recently - definitely an option to mention when you come to sell it, coming from a father of three small children!

Bit of a change of plan forced on me by the condition of my newly acquired Tdi.. I had intended to use it pro tem until the right one came along. Sadly I am going to have replace the wishbones, so that means I will probably improve it and make it it keeper.

Anyway I will take note of the sage advice and make a decision when I have got the wishbones done, as with my back at the moment it looks like I will have to sub it out for the work.

Back