PDI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Earl

Past Member
Just reading a previous post from JD regarding PDI's (the Retaliation topic) and the fact they are filled in willy nilly. Should the customer be shown the completed PDI sheet on collection of the car? Nothing was said to us on collection of ours.
Perhaps if more people were aware of their rights, (ie. a freely available completed PDI sheet of the car in question) the dealers might take a bit more time and care over the procedure in the first place instead of spending 5 minutes doing the essentials then giving it a quick spit and polish before handover.

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Interesting-both my A2's were handed over with copies of the completed PDI (not that the first A2's PDI meant didly squat). There is no reason why you shouldn't be shown/given a copy if you ask. I've looked through the hand over checklist and all it mentions is that 2 hours before handover the PDI booklet is removed from the vehicle. The actual customer handover checklist doest not specifically mention the PDI is to be shown, but it does say that all relevant documentation is to be handed over and maybe the PDI should be one of those docs.

This would apply to new cars-pre owned is probably asking too much!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Isn't the PDI list one of the documents they ask the customer to sign on handover of the car. I'm sure they gave me a copy as well.

Yep.
PDI proof was provided to me as well.

icon_smile_cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back