Pedal Positioning on A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

YipYazoo

Hello all;

Just bought an X-Reg (2001) A2 1.4 SE and have a couple of questions regarding pedal positioning.

Firstly, is it normal for the accelerator pedal to be *LOWER* (i.e. closer to the floor) than the brake or clutch pedals? Secondly, the travel on the accelerator pedal seems much longer than on other VW group cars. Again, normal?

Cheers!

YipYazoo

In my experience of owning both a petrol and now a diesel model, the position of the pedals is as you describe. I believe that the accelerator on an A2 is one of the new generation which dispenses with the traditional throttle cable and utilises an electronic control system instead. Someone on this forum will know for sure.

Regards

Ian
2004 1.4 SE TDI 90bhp, previously 1.4 SE petrol

[24]
Yep, exactly right. Fly by wire. Raptor and Typhoon jocks all of us! And Airbus and 747 400 etc ,etc,

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
On this forum by default - I am no longer an A2 owner (i'm afraid) - but the A3 TDI DSG is 'better' - sorry guys.

And Seat Leon.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Guys,

Thanks for the prompt feedback.

I picked up the latest issue (March 2004) of 'Audi Driver' and it included an article on the 'fly-by-wire' throttle system for the new A3, which I assume, is the same or similar as on the A2.

Three days to go for delivery of the A2!

YipYazoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back